Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Old Bill v Towners - game ON

Father Jack

Well done to Andy and the lads on securing an away point in a hard fought match. Last season we lost 3-0 at Imber Court.

As seemgee points out, we are now half-way through the season, and at the end of another year. Interesting to compare how we have performed in our six league fixtures this December, against the same period last year. Are we doing better or worse?

A quick check on results shows that last year our six league fixtures (3 home / 3 away) produced 1 win,4 draws, and 1 defeat. Total: 7 points.

This year, over the same period, from 6 league fixtures (3 home / 3 away) we have achieved 3 wins,2 draws, and 1 defeat. Total: 11 points.

Hopefully, we can start the new year well and maintain this momentum. COYT

Had to end my exile on here for an end of year post..... Another point in a run of results that will upset some posters on here.... All in all a great achievement by Andy and the boys starting from scratch and producing a top half finish.... the odd few who did not quite grasp the difficulties involved and still believe there is an abundance of talent waiting to sign who we missed out on will naturally be disappointed but those with an understanding of team building will realise that it was never going to be that simple.... the fact that Andy has got the players "who some on here describe as nowhere near good enough " into a top half position and a decent cup run shows the abilities of the man and fully justifies his appointment.... Admittedly some of the performances have been dire but that happens with all teams and I'm looking forward to new blood coming in next year and hopefully a push for the playoffs next season.... Anyway back to my exile for another year.... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ETFC SUPPORTERS.....

I know I am going to shock Theo but in the spirit of the season, and since we are almost level pegging with last year points tally, I have to concede it's more than I had expected. I also hope he proves to be right in his wish for new new blood to come in the future.

Other than to reiterate RG query about Kirby and Hope I think it best to say no more other than to wish everyone again a very Happy New Year.

I came away today feeling positive for the second half of the season. Darren and Mickey had a good game. I know I harp on about getting frustrated when it looks more like we are playing vollleyball rather than football (in the first half balls were flying off everywhere), however, when they did pass the ball to their feet, there was some great play, (maybe they’ve practiced the Barcelona square!) Sam had a great chance of a goal in the first half.

I really believe Andy has got it right with this team, they are a work in progress and it’s going in the right direction. I do agree about new blood, in the sense that for me, we have many experienced, strong older players, but I think we need a bit of young creativity, a bit of flair, a goal scorer, as despite a good game today, no goals were actually scored. (although Darren took his pen very well). This is by no means a dig at Simon Thomas. I heard today that apparently the players all went out for a night over Christmas, and apparently this was arranged by ST. This impressed me because as a Captain he is taking the responsibility of trying to gel a new group of lads off the pitch and this can only have a positive impact during future games if the players have actually bonded and genuinely support each other.

So as a glass half full kinda guy, if we carry on like this, with a few little tweaks, I think we can have a very successful second half of the season. Well done lads and we’ll done Andy! Happy new year all