Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town V Harrow Borough

DerekR

Formed in 1936, Folkestone have had 65 years longer than Town to get their act together and move forward. Also, they didn't lose their manager and most of their first team squad in the close season, leaving a new manager to pick-up the pieces and build a new side. Forget Folkestone, we deservedly beat top club Dulwich Hamlet 3-1 at home, which is no mean achievement is it? "Credit where it is due"!

No chance of that LH.... even when we beat Dulwich it was posted we were lucky and they should of hammered us (what game were they watching)... and after a creditable draw at Imber court it was against a VERY POOR Met police side (who beat Staines 5-1 a few days after )... this forum has become split between those who dislike AL and his style of play and those who think he has done a very good job starting from scratch..... it's a shame we can't get new members posting to give some new opinions.....

A simple statement of fact Andy, they are a well established club and, after all that went on last summer, with BQ jumping ship and taking most of our players with him, it is no great surprise that Folkestone are ahead of us at this stage of the season. AL is working his socks off to bring us success, but it takes time, and it certainly doesn't provide encouragement or support for the cause, when certain individual are continually sniping at AL on here, with one even telling him to walk. Pathetic!

I referred back to my post following the Dulwich game and it is giving clear credit for the performance in that game. But the problem is that we have not been consistent in our tactics or our performance. If you wish to consider previous games consider, Hendon away, FOLKESTONE away, by far the worst performance by a Town team for many years, Brightlingsea Regent and Royston Town and Leiston. I was at all of those games and our performances were poor.

My comments after the Dulwich game,

"But we were still nowhere close to the best team on the park." (Quote from MT Head)

Disagree MT Head. Of course we were the best team because we won by two clear goals. Yes we had to rely a lot on Wright yet again but he is part of the team. Compare Wright's performance with their goalie who dropped the ball into his net as he was under pressure. Their goalie is part of their team.

So we had a better goalie and, in the end, we had better tactics. Yes they moved the ball about a bit and their passing was often better than ours but on many occasions in the second half they were lost for ideas. At the final whistle we were on the attack again.

When they came out looking for a point, the same mistake that Folkestone made in the first quarter of an hour or so, our forwards found the space to finish them off. I do agree that Mickey should be playing wide up front and that Ward-Cochrane deserves to play from KO but the manager had the tactics right today and deserves credit for that.

We beat a side who are looking for the championship at the end of the season, who had not been beaten away this season and the Town had never beaten home or away. Half full? I am drunk on success and give me a glass of that every week.

Still he needs another 16 points from 7 games to meet his target a very tall order with two away matches to come."

A simple statement of fact Andy, they are a well established club and, after all that went on last summer, with BQ jumping ship and taking most of our players with him, it is no great surprise that Folkestone are ahead of us at this stage of the season. AL is working his socks off to bring us success, but it takes time, and it certainly doesn't provide encouragement or support for the cause, when certain individual are continually sniping at AL on here, with one even telling him to walk. Pathetic!

To be fair, forums will have people with viewpoints from all spectrums of the scale and no one persons option is more valid or correct than the next persons.I feel we are quite balanced on our forum.Yes we have a few over-critical members.Just as we have a few over-optimistic members.I also feel the comments are mostly justified.The manager and the team get criticized when the performance is less than acceptable for the standards we strive for.I also feel that due praise is given when a good performance is produced. 

Some perfectly valid comments made by LS and Steph1. No one would disagree that we all want success for our club, or that there have been some very disappointing performances and results in some matches this season. We have no divine right to success, it doesn't happen overnight, and it takes time, patience, planning, and lots of hardwork, on and off the field.

Under BQ we were moving in the right direction, but he decided not to see the project through, and left with most of our best players, many whom have since moved on to other clubs. Even Brad had his bad days, and Steph will remember our cup exit at sleepy Kings Langley, to name but one!

Andy Leese has only been with us a short while, but he is open, honest, approachable, pro-active, and deserves our support. He may not achieve all his points targets, but it won't be because of lack of effort, more because his team-building is still work in progress this season.

Exactly. We have no devine right to success. We are a club which is the same as any other. All are striving to win the league, yet there will only be one champion. As for BQ leaving with most of last year's team, that's history now, just like we are not EFC, so why can we not just stick to matters in hand?

I think this season is potentially developing into an exciting one. We need to skip a couple of immediate hurdles for my optimism to be shared, starting with 2 away League games at Worthing and Kingstonian. Could you imagine the optimism if we came back with 6 points and then immediately have 2 home v Merstham and Tonbridge to hurdle.

It’s all to be play for in my opinion, end of January League table will be interesting

I am interested in the various views and I respect all of them. I am 12,000 miles away so do not have the luxury ofactually seeing the team play. I can only go on the facts and what people say. After 24 games last year, by my

calculations, we had 36 points. This year, we have 34 points. After all the off season turmoil, with a manager and 80 -90% of the squad leaving, I would have taken where we are now at the start of the season and I think most

people would have too, if they are honest.

Would I like to have seen the team higher - of course I would but I think we have to support the management team in

their rebuilding project. That's all I can offer to the debate.

Once again Littlehampton I am in agreement with you.But unfortunately a few members on here seem to have an agenda to find fault with every performance by the team and decision by the management/Board.