Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield v Merstham

Castorman

if or when Andy leaves hope you lot will be pleased as most of the players will go ....... leaving us with nothing!!!!!! so carry on slagging of the club perhaps the chairman should take a lot of the blame as he employed Andy so get rid of him to !!!!!!then the board has to take the blame sack them send out the youth team !!!! then there's new names to slag off .. Where did he say he's not interested in Tayshan??

if or when Andy leaves hope you lot will be pleased as most of the players will go ....... leaving us with nothing!!!!!! so carry on slagging of the club perhaps the chairman should take a lot of the blame as he employed Andy so get rid of him to !!!!!!then the board has to take the blame sack them send out the youth team !!!! then there's new names to slag off .. Where did he say he's not interesgted in Tayshan??

Very well said.

Fortunately we have a board of directors and a manager who operate in the real world,not just on the www.

Would not be bothered if some of the players did end up going some are just going through the motions in my opinion.

From the player himself.

He said i spoke to Andy and he didnt seem interested.

I personally want andy to succeed but these performances playing players out of position and his body language is not helping.

If he leaves i guess you will disappear of the forum big guy.

Vauxhallman got it about right... we struggle to adapt when teams change their tactics and go on the offensive.... for 45 minutes it was dull but we were in complete control ... when the game is slow it suits us ... Sam was impressive and the new centre back looked steady but as soon as the second half started the oppo raised the tempo and quiet frankly we were like rabbits caught in headlights .... our shape went our wing backs dropped deep and we no no outlets up front... Joe was superb and got praise from the oppo fans....

what are people's views on Liam... to me he offers no more than ST and defensively even less.... he's ok when a toe poke is needed but never looks like creating anything...... Andy could do worse than pop down the Abbey to look at their pacey forwards....

Did everybody who has posted on this thread go to the game yesterday and if so what are your views on our performance ? I'm not convinced that everybody did !

I was there.(also at every other home game this season)

Not the best game I have seen at the QE2, fortunate to get a point after a good start, was though impressed with M.M King seemed very solid.

Joe Kept us in the game as usuall,mom was there no 7.

I was there yesterday, although to be honest I think the game went very much down the route of what was to be expected.    We weren't 2 goals better than them and the penalty was indeed a tad soft....although not sure really why we're not trying to get Aaron on the ball as much as possible as there aren't too many right backs that can handle his speed.

Samir looked steady although that said their number 7 was indeed very lively...although recovered from his HUGE kick to the head with amazing quickness.

I don't think I 've been at a game this season and I've been at a few....where Joe hasnt been one of if not our best player on hte pitch.   Did very well to keep a clean sheet at half time.

Only when I walked round to the players entrance to the pitch did I realise that their manager had been sent from the dugout.  Whatever he said at half time....and I guess he offered a rocket or two....Merstham were a completely different team 2nd half.    We responded badly.   It appears as though we revert to sitting deep, inviting the opposition on and this is being repeated.    Also noticed from the table when I looked yesterday our goal difference was plus or minus 1...can't remember which.  Clearly, the defence is an issue and I would say a large part of this is down to how we play.   Yes we can defend well......Dulwich at home, Ricay for 60 70 minutes springs to mind....however why do we seem to revert to type.  

I heard what Andy said on the interview afterwards...are the players not listening to him?  Bigguy I don't mind who we have in charge as long as we have someone who brings good football, decent players and players who want to play for him.  Whatever happened yesterday, and it wasn't the first time and doubt it will be the last there is obviously a disconnect between what the manager wants and what the players are doing although obviously I have no idea what they are doing during training.

There were over 360/370 Town fans there yesterday as Merstham's one man and his dog increased to about 10 fans in the second half.   I'd imagine all those who turned up in cold conditions, making the effort to attend and support the team as much as they did all probably want the team to move forwards and play in a way deserving of an Enfield Town team.

Thing is, you could tell 5 10 minutes into the 2nd half that there was only one team in it.    Was anyone happy with the changes we made?   Did we adapt?   Did we spend any period of time in their half and take the game to them?   It really did look like the pitch was tilting towards our goal.     I'm not convinced anyone on here is "against" Andy.....I am purely in the boat where I think fans are unhappy that the same mistakes are happening over and over and as a team we are not playing in a style or manner that many of the fans are appreciating.

Rant over.   

Yes Big guy, all actions/words have consequences. Just out of interest, I could be wrong, but Tayshan was with us a year? left and went to Grays Athletic, again for one season I think, then it was Canvey Island just for a few months and then mid season went somewhere else, now just signed at Merstham. Surely if he was a great player, with great team spirit, he would have stayed with us for longer or stayed with other clubs longer? I don’t deny he had a good game on Sunday, but I would have my concerns.

I agree with the comments about Liam and ST. Liam does hold the ball up better. ST did not do this very well against “K”, hence why I reckon he was on the bench yesterday. But Liam is good for a tap in, but doesn’t move enough to create other opportunities. I want to see how Jack Hockney does as striker. I know he’s young, and doesn’t have the height of ST, but he is very good on the ball which means the others would have to actually play to his feet, and he is stated as a striker.

All year one of our biggest problems has been our transition from back to front.   With one up front it is vital that we are able to link up with the forward line and get players up the pitch.    However, I'd say that 80% of the time the ball comes back or is given away for the opposition to hold the ball and then put us under pressure.   Also think that since Montel has disappeared Aaron is now our only really outlet.    We do have pace up front but on the break occasionally but surely there is a young centre forwards in the club who can make runs and also help bring others into play.   Liam and Simon both do a bit but I realise this is very much a transition year and as I said earlier....the fact we don't hold the ball up means we are often going to seeing it come straight back hence help consolidating Joe's position as Player of the Year.   

Wow! I cannot believe some of the things I've just read. Simon Thomas: 0 goals in his last 7 games. Liam Hope: 3 in his last 3. And people are saying Liam offers nothing more?!!! What??? Apart from all his team play? And the fact that he has to try to deal with hoofs up the field when the rest of the team forget it's not Simon playing up front (biwho excels in winning one header in 10). My goodness. When we've got 'fans' like this I wonder if Liam thinks it was worth coming back. I've stayed away from commenting on recent games because I saw no point in being negative, but if people start knocking Liam, you can feel free to have a go a me too.

Liam doesn't offer anymore than Simon but that is not praising Simon..,. Simon offers diddly squat .... no pace ... no running past defenders and invisible for the majority of the game... remember Liam couldn't get into Cheshunts team last season and Bradley thought he was surplus now supporters think he is the man to lead us forward.... Sorry I don't live in the past and don't look at ex players through rose tinted glasses... Liam and Kirbs very good club players at their peak but are both past their best and not the players to take us forward

Blimey, some interesting 'opinions' on this thread! It's almost as if some people aren't actually ETFC fans and are just on here to stir things up!

The games that Liam has played has shown that he can hold the ball up and link the play which is the type of player he is, plus of course the goals return. He can't surely be the main issue right now? I would like to see the right players with pace around him because agreed that is what we are lacking but for me there remains a greater need to get some pace at the back and energy in the midfield areas. Kingstonian showed how easy we are to get past with some attacking pace as we are so slow at the back and the new signing appears to be in the same mould. In midfield we are very 1 paced with the exception of Sam Youngs.

And Castorman, yes we know that Jack Hockney should play in your opinion!

Andy's post match interview shows that he is aware of the problems and appears to be of the opinion that it's the same things happening over and over. That's all very well to identify that but how is he and the management team addressing it?

I think everyone is feeling frustrated hence the opinions this week, probably none more so than the management. And I agree that the subject of ST and Liam is not a priority at the moment. It’s true that some players may be past their best, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have anything to offer, experienced players are crucial!

I would actually like to have seen more of Ben WC, but he seems to have disappeared, so has George Beatie, Harley Hagg, and George Quarrington Carter. I know some went to Cheshunt, but looking at Cheshunt latest squad sheets, they haven’t been named?? So Jack seems to be the only new young one left. I only mention him because I really believe in a side that has both experienced and young players so we can draw on the strengths of both. My “opinion” purely comes from wanting Enfield Town to succeed.

However, last week was last week, tomorrow night is a new opportunity, and I would be delighted to see a convincing win, Liam or ST smashing some goals in, and the 2 new defenders doing their job so well that Joe has an easy game as I’m sure we all would.