Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The 21st minute of the game against Needham

behind-the-goal

Let's just think about this for a moment. Joe is sent off, MMK goes in goal, leaving us a centre half light. To bring Dan Rumens on, Andy has to sacrifice someone. As I see it, he either loses one of the front three and play 4-3-2, or a midfielder, drop the wide men deeper and play 4-4-1. I think that Andy chose the wrong option, particularly as the left-footed Aaron Greene then dropped into Micky's role.

So, mistaken and misguided- definitely. But malicious? No

"He does not like creative players imo."

I just went though all the substitutions Andy has made this seasons.

The player substituted most often has been Thomas (15 times). Well, I don't think anyone could accuse Simon of being creative (or of being anything to be honest - that's 9 games without a goal now and he's offering nothing else in lieu of goals).

However, the next four players on the list make interesting reading: Roberts (11 substitutions), Blake (9), Greene (9), Parcell (8).

Roberts, Blake, Greene and Parcell. Anyone notice a pattern there?

Can someone explain why they started with a defender playing up front anyway? Liam Hope, Ryan Blake, Jack Hockney all subs and other forwards that have scored at previous games albeit not played from the start or for many games, apparently disposed of. Why is it that the same players are in week after week when they aren’t performing, yet others are written off when they have! George Beattie is doing well at Chalfont, bought in on the subs bench a few weeks ago and soon gone again. BWC scores in 4 minutes in the pitch at Dulwich. Also scored the goal that put them through in the only cup they’re still in first round. Got man of the match and hasn’t played in the competition since. Liam Hope has scored in most of the games he’s played in, yet yesterday was sub and didn’t get on the pitch.

Someone stated they are a team who look like they’ve never played together, maybe because there’s no consistency in the team and players are chopped and changed every game. Perhaps they need to stick with a starting 11 for a few games and see if they start to gel!

"Enfdres" You have just asked the 64K dollar question. I am not sure if anyone can give you a lucid answer. But then, from what I read, everything is becoming more difficult for most to make sense of what is happening as each week passes.

Though, purely from a cynic's view point it looks to me as if, with regard to certain players, the manager may appear to be acting more in the manner of an agent than that of a manager.

It would be nice if someone would attempt to come up with some answers as to how we can overcome our current situation. Without being accused of being an anarchist or something similar.  

"Enfdres" You have just asked the 64K dollar question. I am not sure if anyone can give you a lucid answer. But then, from what I read, everything is becoming more difficult for most to make sense of what is happening as each week passes.

It would be nice if someone would attempt to come up with some answers as to how we can overcome our current situation. Without being accused of being an anarchist or something similar.  

Thanks Father Jack for acting as the arbiter. I certainly don't want to take the matter any further. I just felt that we all needed a reminder to treat all contributors arguments with the respect they deserve, whether we agree or disagree with them. I am in no doubt that most everyone tries hard to adhere to this code. 

There is plenty more to discuss and we all think we have the solutions so I look forward to reading them. 

BG, your apology gratefully accepted. I too am going through a difficult time and I am not always acting rationally. Or so I'm told!!!  Lets see how the team evolves with our new recruit and our prodigal son.  

I will be relying on all your comments for info but I am sure I will come up with something to keep the pot stirred.

However, a few wins would not come amiss at this time to raise ones spirits..

Archived