Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The demise of Romford

urchinman1961

What on earth as happened to this once proud club before the game the general consensus was a hard encounter settled by the odd goal .This is probably the worse Romford team i have ever witnessed the gulf between the 2 sides is a massive gulf with obviosly different aspirations .Not rubbing there noses in it but the rivaly seems to have dissapeared along with the Romford fans who accounted for about 50 tonight 

i thought it could have been a tricky mid-week game romford have improved a little  of late  and gave canvey a few scares before losing 2-0 on saturday, but if we play to our best we have the team to take anyone apart 

Romford must have dreaded Ming going to Cheshunt. They could be in trouble.

Agree with Shrimper, if we play to our potential we are a match for anyone in this league. No-one is going to be able to do that consistently in this league for the entire season, it's not possible - Look at us away to Canvey - they did play well but we were awful. We will possibly get games like that before the end of the season as well but it's the overall objective that we need to look at and every point gets us closer.

I remember the 'good' old days on this site with all the rivalry between the two clubs.

Though some of the banter did get a bit strong from time to time.

Whatever did ever happen to Uncle Urch and co ????

I remember the 'good' old days on this site with all the rivalry between the two clubs.

Though some of the banter did get a bit strong from time to time.

Whatever did ever happen to Uncle Urch and co ????

Time moves on BJR it's only a few of us older ones that remember those days.

Banter is just not the same any more ...... You couldn't make it up ......

I still rejoice when they put a dodgy goalkeeper on the bench for the Essex League cup semi final and got chucked out. As soon as he came on the pitch it went round the ground like wild fire. Did they have Romford Tools on their shirts then?

I think I’ve posted about this before but I have some sympathy for their situation.

Not owning your own ground.

Playing at a lower tier than believe they should. Having (in their previous guise) had financial backing that was lost just when the big time was beckoning.

Seeing other local clubs of perceived smaller stature move onwards and upwards.

Seeing crowds dwindle.

Remind us of anyone??

There, I’ve stoked the fire ?