Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Posting On Behalf Of A Blackpool Supporting Friend Of Mine

New poster here in peace.

A friend of mine, who is a long-suffering Blackpool FC supporter, noticed recently that Ashford Town and Blackpool have quite a few things in common:

The Tangerine colours worn by Blackpool have been used by Ashford Town over the years, and I believe that the original club (Ashford Albion) was founded by Blackpool FC fans?

As 2018 will mark the 60th anniversary of Ashford Town as a football club, would a visit from a Blackpool XI be of interest?

If it would, the person you'd need to contact at the club is Steve Edwards - he has recently become Club Secretary following the resignation of Rod Dyer.   His email is secretary@blackpoolfc.co.uk or on 01253 401953 (ask for Steve Edwards).

Best wishes!

Interesting! There are two 'legends' as to why we wore tangerine shirts in the first place - our chairman at the time was a Blackpool fan, and the club could only afford one set of kit and chose tangerine shirts as they didn't clash with any other team in our division!

Archived