Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CONIFA World Football Cup 2018

littlehampton

Python definitely has a hand in this 'Con'-IFA! If you follow the link for ticket sales on the official ETFC website, you are given further links for individual matches. Click on one of those and you reach a page where you have to 'choose your team'. Click on that and a drop-down menu appears. Scroll down, and towards the end, after lots of 'never-even-heard-of-them' teams, you come to.... 'Yorkshire'!

So, they finally declared independence, but forgot to tell anyone!!!

"Not taking this seriously" 4WF? Come, come, sir! How could you say such a thing? However, since you've nudged our memories regarding the Donkeydome, I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed that "100 Acre Wood" didn't make it to the Finals (Eeyore is really stubborn centre half and Winnie The Pooh just floats through midfield like a bear holding a balloon). I remember well their classic encounter with Narnia (who, unfortunately, also failed to qualify).

LATEST NEWS
BUILD-UP

Two attractive, very interesting, Group B opening fixtures have been confirmed for our Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, in the 2018 CONIFA World Football Cup, on Thursday 31st May.

12.00 Noon  Abkhazia  v  Tibet

3.00pm       Northern Cyprus  v  Felvidek

Don't miss these matches. Abkhazia are the current World Football Cup holders.

Presumably this would be the same Abkhazia that partook of the 'ethnic cleansing' (i.e. indiscriminate murder of men, women and children) of Georgians in their own land? And we are welcoming their representatives (i.e. their team) to our stadium, while at the same time getting a bit sniffy at bookmakers?

You're probably right Theo. After all, we wouldn't want to trouble our pretty little heads about industrial-scale murder, would we? Not when it's the bookies causing all the problems.

Anyway, here's an extract concerning one of the episodes that occured during the killing. It's rather ironic in the circumstances, and deeply sickening:

"After the fall of Gagra, the victors started to pillage, rape, and torture followed by summary executions of everyone who was captured and failed to flee the city in time. At 5:00 pm on October 1, civilians (approximately 1000–1500 people) were rounded up and placed under the guard at the soccer stadium in downtown Gagra. On October 6, close to 50 civilians had been found hanging on electricity poles. Soon after, children, elderly, women and men who were detained on the soccer stadium were gunned down and dumped in mass graves not far from the stadium."

Just something to bear in mind when they come to OUR stadium.