Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Home to Burgess Town

PocketRocket

Oh ok thanks for that FJ... Didn't realise it was no play no pay.... surprised if a few of them don't leave soon if their not getting anything for turning up....

Just to make it clear FJ if kirbs and olo start every week the other players mentioned bar Purse of course do not receive any remuneration....

Edited by Theodopolous

Although I understand Theo's  reason for raising his question as usual FJ your assumptions are correct in so far as I understand the position. Of course it would be nice to get clarification but from a commercial point of view this information is the sort  best keep in house.

As I said recently I accept that it would not be good practice to expect that all admin details of the running of the club be disclosed ad-hoc. This I am sure is acceptable to all, unless there is a recognisable strong feeling about a certain matter expressed by the membership. When on such an occasion a statement from the management would be of some help.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

The day to day running of the clubs resources is obviously interesting fodder for some supporters I see, but it is not something which you would expect the Board or the management to discuss either in private or publicly. Whether or not the club pays it players for playing, sitting on the bench etc is a matter for the Board not supporters. As shareholders, supporters are entitled to have periodic summary reports plus annual reports on financial issues and not have a running commentary on operational / financial matters. Let the Board manage the club we have elected them to do so !

Perhaps my above comment sounded a little curt.

But it did sound like an admonishment and very autocratic. It also seemed to show very little empathy with the queries raised by other members asking for clarification on matters of which they have concern.

I repeat again that I do NOT expect every matter discussed or executed by the Board to be promulgated on a daily basis but there has to be a process whereby serious matters of concern by members are addressed.

In your comment you make certain statements some of which are not accurate. Much of what you say is understandable but is said as if the Club is a Company governed solely by corporate law. To a degree that is correct but my understanding ( which is open to question), is that the Club is a Supporters Owned Society Club. If that is the case it may also have an application to Common Law and therefore has more flexibility in it's management. Again this is also open to interpretation. In other words the "shareholder" have additional rights. But I leave that there for  discussion in another place. 

That said, we all get a little fulfilment when being pompous,don't you agree?

PS. FJ  Please forgive me for what may be construed as being a bit facetious. But really we aren't all children.  Ooops it's bed time and here come the bedpans...still under treatment but feeling a lot better. Really hoping for some good news tomorrow.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

If the management is responsible for the playing side of the club the board is responsible for the financial side... why is it ok to openly discuss the playing side but not the financial side... Father Jack answered the original point adequately by saying having Six centre backs was not a financial drain on the club so that's fair enough point answered ..what your saying MTHead is that the question shouldn't even be asked... well I'm sorry I don't agree with that... members should be able to voice concerns even if they are told to shut the f### up.....

All things being equal, it's obviously vital (appearance money taken into consideration) that, if available, Simon gets on the pitch at some point during any given 90'. Equally obviously, he's not actually expected to score, or do anything really (apart from being quite a nice chap off the field).

I agree totally B-T-G it's good to ask questions.Over a period of time Theo and I have had differences of opinion. But in airing our different positions we have come to respect one another's point of view and of late we have found agreement on most things.

It also seems that you and I sing from the same hymn sheet even if the notes are slightly different.

The one thing we all have in common is want what's best for the club we follow. However, for some it means always to accept the status quo and never to query things when they seem wrong. 

For weeks now I have relied on certain members for their observations as to how they

perceive  things are going. I hope you will keep it up although I look forward to tomorrows reports with some trepidation. It is becoming slightly worrying but I hope tomorrow begins a turn for the better. But if not, don't be surprised if we are joined by others with even more questions.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

4WF: I think ANY organisation from government down should include at least one person who's got the the cojones to say 'No!' when appropriate, or at least say 'Why?'. Have we got one on the Board? I'm beginning to wonder if P.C. and personal aggrandisement might not have more of a role to play for some Board members.

B-T G I have had the same thoughts for some time. In all walks of life there is always a small minority inclined to over think their status and a feeling of self importance what ever the collective activity is, ie. the admin of a football club.

I do believe, however, that in most cases the majority endeavour to work hard for the benefit of the general enterprise, which in our case is the Club. It falls therefore up to all of us,
to stand up to the few, as you say who seek aggrandisement, and keep raising questions otherwise the Club's so called democracy will soon become an autocracy.

That said, we too must retain our perspective, after all the Enfield Phoenix has already risen from the dead once and is still alive and kicking. Hopefully in the very new future the kicking will be in right direction,into the opponents goal.

Finally, may I once again say thank you to all for entertaining my views , whether you agree with them or not, as I find using the forum most stimulating in my current situation.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals