Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Home to Burgess Town

PocketRocket

Stopped the rot. Can you make it back to back wins?

Not a lot of reaction to last nights win so I will put in my two bobs worth.... first 45 we had every right to think the new look team and formation had helped us turn the corner... Blakey and Tyler causing problems every time they ran at the defence... Really pleased for Ryan that his continual effort was rewarded with goals... second 45 was like the Merstham game ... they came out the blocks we went on the back foot and it just seemed would the whistle go before they got the third.... don't know if it's nerves or what but it was like watching two separate games... Blakey got deserved MOM... Blackman was everywhere... defence was creaky every time we was attacked and Liam again was no threat... substitutions were again strange Tyler whose pace gave us some relief being replaced by a centre back while Liam who was invisible stayed on for the 93 minutes... welcome three points and my bet come in.... good evening all round....

Agree with everything you say Theo apart from Liam was 'again no threat'. True that he didn't have his best game last night (to say the least), but I have to say I will argue with the word 'again', but then again I am am a great fan of Liam.

Wouldn't it be boroinh if we agreed on everything!!!

I said to Andy Leese when he was returning to the dugout after half time, don't sit back this half, there is a cricket score available here. He answered with ' I haven't told them to sit back '. What did we do for the whole second half ? Either Andy was spinning me a line or the players don't listen to him, either way, it doesn't bode well ! Brilliant first half last night although I wish that I'd left at half time though because I knew what was coming.

Edited by SeasideTowner

I think you’re missing that substitutions appeared to be injury related last night Theo with Samir and the new centre half both limping off. The Tyler substitution made sense to me as we were up against it and he kept giving the ball away hence the decision to shore up the defence and push Mickey further forward - Andy simply cannot win! We moan when Mickey is substituted then we moan when we make substitutions but keep him on!

The team played some really nice stuff in the first half with energy, work rate and actual PASSING! Unfortunately not replicated in the 2nd half but a team naturally so low in confidence were always likely to buckle when the 1st goal went in.

As for Liam, I’d disagree again and agree with BTG. He led the line well and combined well with the threatening players of Youngs and Campbell. Good to see Ryan Blake also FINALLY adding some quality to his pacy threat.

As for Seaside’s comments, Andy can only deliver a team talk. It’s down to the players to implement so I highly doubt he’s spinning any lines!