Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 7 Walnut Boys 1

Swifty

Well then! After seven successive defeats then two draws, our luck changed – whatever luck we needed, which wasn’t much on that performance. A stunning and somewhat unbelievable victory. Could quite easily have finished something like 9-4.

We scored very early, conceded a goal straight away where an attacker looked at least six feet offside in the build-up, took the lead again immediately then got another around the half hour, then we weathered a tremendous amount of pressure 20 minutes either side of half time when Rovers hit the post, had a shot cleared off the line by Russ and brought out three excellent saves from Tyler (we really needed a fourth to steady the ship as the next goal looked crucial, believe it or not), then Rovers hit the self-destruct button while still looking dangerous up front and we tore them apart like early in the game with some exemplary passing and finishing. To summarise…

1-0, 4th minute - James bullet header from a near post corner

1-1, 6th minute - easy offside 25 yards out not flagged and we were static as Jake Newman ran through and finished calmly

2-1, 7th minute - 20 yard shot from Webby well saved but parried into the path of Jack to thump home

3-1, 33rd minute - excellent through play by Sami and Tom Howard set up Jack for a shot too hot to hold and bundled in at the rebound

4-1, 71st minute - great through ball by ‘Howie’ again, this time for Sami who ran on and was upended in the box and Fish scored nonchalantly from the spot

5-1, 74th minute - trip in the box from a corner, Jack said “I want a hat trick” and emphatically scored the spot kick

6-1, 84th minute - Sami’s turn to thread a lovely through ball for James to run onto and score his second

7-1, 90th minute - diagonal free kick to the far post headed back across and into the top corner like a striker by Romario

On a day when Weighty was away at a stag do in Poland (probably enjoying some Pole dancing as I speak!) and Dan Fleming was rumoured to have left us today for Hanwell Town, all the lads put in a tremendous shift and showed great togetherness. Very difficult to pick anyone out as Tyler, Sami, Jack and especially Mitchal had great games, but I felt ‘Howie’ played a blinder - he glided through tackles and showed some wonderful vision with his passing.

Well done, everyone. Get in!

Thought it was a great all round team performance.

As we scored 7 today, can we have the U7s as mascots every week?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

A very decent and fair report (in my opinion) on Kempston Rovers' website...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/kempstonrovers/teams/114716/match-centre/1-2862891

Rovers were nothing like the worst team we've played this season - in fact, I thought they gave us a very good game - which shows how much talent we have when everything clicks and we get that bit of luck all clubs need.

Archived