Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Racism and it's consistency

Kilroy is accussed rightly or wrongly of racism on the basis his commnets inferred that all Arabs were responsible.

A couple of months backs people were making commnents in the tabloids about Americans being warmongers, and trigger happy oil grabbers in repect of Iraq. Did that also not infer "all americans" No racist accusations then.

Also Aussie is the shortened version of Australian. People use it and no one seems to have a problem. However when you shorten Pakistani to P*ki, it is deemed racist. What's different.

I am not a racist but we have to be consistant to acheive a level playing field.

I'm disgusted with the fact that those who have complained about Kilroy are slowly turning me into a rascist. Kilroy's an ar5e, but he's never wound me up as badly as these lot.

As said on the radio today: we have many people who have moved into this country to flee from the oppression that Kilroy mentioned. Wonder if it is the same lot which are complaining?

Time for this country to move towards an all secular society, me thinks. Or, thanks to the whingers, am I just being reactionary now?

Mal, I totally agree that we should grow up and become a completely secular nation. What people want to do in their spare time and what they believe is of course entirely up to them, they can bay at the moon or dance naked round bonfires if it floats their boat, but religion must be kept competely seperate from the state and from the judicial system, and of course, education.

No religious or single denomination schools, no defining of children or anyone else by their "religion", less brainwashing of the kids - obviously their families will still lean on them to "follow the faith" but this will be at home, without the state's aid or finance.

Open shops and pubs when you like, even on Sundays!

Quote:
The Invisible Man said:
Mal, I totally agree that we should grow up and become a completely secular nation. What people want to do in their spare time and what they believe is of course entirely up to them, they can bay at the moon or dance naked round bonfires if it floats their boat, but religion must be kept competely seperate from the state and from the judicial system, and of course, education.

No religious or single denomination schools, no defining of children or anyone else by their "religion", less brainwashing of the kids - obviously their families will still lean on them to "follow the faith" but this will be at home, without the state's aid or finance.

Open shops and pubs when you like, even on Sundays!

Rubbish! Religious schools (of all religions) often offer a better education and through the national curriculum, they still have to teach about other reliigons. I went to a church school yet have a good knoledge and appreciation for Islam, Judaism, Hinduism etc. why is it that people who have no religion want to marginalise things for others?

Quote:
BOROMAN said:
Also Aussie is the shortened version of Australian. People use it and no one seems to have a problem. However when you shorten Pakistani to P*ki, it is deemed racist. What's different.

Nothing. However If I were called a P*ki then I would be very offended - but only because I am Indian and not Pakistani!! It's no different to calling a Scotsman a Scot or a Briton a Brit.
Likewise if I were called an Indian w*nker/b*stard or so on, but again this time because the bad language would offend me and not refering to my nationality for which I am very proud.

It's all getting very silly this political correctness,in my opinion all this inteferance from the government, racial watchdogs and so all will be the real reason why there will be any rise in racism or extreme nationalism. Although I think that it is only natural to have a slight preferance to one's own nationality or whatever, I think on the whole the British people are very wellcoming of immigrants, the more the government poke there noses into this they will upset the balance and create problems which could be easily avoided.

Well said, mate!

I thought it was "unusual" at the England vs Pakistan match at the Oval last year to see a group of young lads with t-shirts with "Paki & Proud of it" on them.

Probably "claiming" an "insult" as their own, in order to deflect it. i.e. Gay people have been dubbing themselves "queer" nowadays, I've noticed.

So..can we have the St George's flag back without the racist undertones?

You going to England vs India this year GravesIndian? Hopefully I will be.

And they took the 'Golly' (can I say that ?), off the Golden Shred jars.

Correctness gone bl**dy mad, if you ask me !!!!

Axa, Abbey National Group Plc, Barclays’, Norwich Union, HSBC, Lloyds TSB, National Rail Enquires, BT, Aviva and Prudential. What have they all got in common? They have all decided or are considering exporting British jobs abroad in favour of cheeper labour abroad. You may say that’s the decision of the company directors who’s aim must be to deliver profits to share holders but even if that is the case then how can the government seriously expect us to believe claims that we need immigration in order to plug a gap in the work force?

Heres a thing..how many of you have black/asian friends?..I bet if you are like most of us, including me...you have a few, yes?..now...how many of you have got slovak/kurd/bosnian/kosovan/serbian/iraqi friends?...hmmm...maybe its because they dont want to mix in our multi cultural society???

utter rubbish i have no black/1 asian friend but 2 Albanian and one turkish and they mix and want to mix very well thank you.

maybe thats just you..and no its not utter rubbish...trust me..I know lots pf people from lots of different areas, different status or if you like "class"...and the general concensus is, they do have black/asian friends but no Eastern european.Believe me..I went into this a while back..and since then, nothing has changed...maybe not so much in the youth, but in the parents and 20 ups...they do not want to mix and integrate..they want to be with their own in their own little communities all paid for by me..the taxpayer.

Quote:
urchino Vr23 said:
utter rubbish i have no black/1 asian friend but 2 Albanian and one turkish and they mix and want to mix very well thank you.

Very interesting, if that's the case then I wish I knew where you lived because there a hundreds of them in Gravesend who I would rather mixed somewhere else!