Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Leatherhead

DerekR

It's the Managers fault, he's hopelessly out of his depth. He signed every single player in that squad bar two and even they are both a shadow of their former selves. Time to go Andy, you're now starting to destroy our club. Go now and give somebody else the chance to build for next season because you are not capable !

You townies really do think the world owes you don't you . How is Andy supposed to get anything right when you bunch of morons question his every move , I'm guessing  he's had just about his gutful of you lot already with all this up your own backside shite  . You have a great manager there , Give the man a chance for christ sake. 

Edited by Albury_Walker

Sorry I don't mean to be too critical of individuals because it's obviously not their fault they are not up to standard... they all give their best .. and they don't select themselves....it all falls on the manager and who he gets in and selects... and the way he gets them to play...

Nothing to due with your budget of course eh sunshine , Your a fans owned club , Dig deeper in your tight fisted pockets and stop blaming Andy. FFS,

Exactly Theo. Why should football managers have special dispensations. In the outside world if you can't do the job you are shown the door. After all , because of the predicament in which we found ourselves last summer, I understand AL was given an increased budget and used the FA Cup prize money as an additional financial boost.  It is a similar scenario prior to him leaving Cheshum as mentioned on this forum by on e of their supporters. 

What also puzzle me is what input does Purse give. Does he tamely go along with AL.  If so it will not enhance his CV if he wants carry on in football. But then, as I pointed out last June , I was told AL is well known for taking only his own advice.

It's certainly all coming home to roost.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I understood from the AGM 4WF that the budget is actually smaller than last year, including the FA cup money which Andy and Darren's tactics help to bring. I am amazed that I am agreeing with a Cheshunt supporter on a supposedly Town website. Those who criticise so vehemently on a website accessible to the globe,  should reflect on the damage they do to our Club as a good employer which gives managers a decent chance of doing a job. They certainly do not represent my views.

I have always supported AL, I believe everyone should be given a chance and for me, this season is AL’s “probationary period”, so as this season ends, I agree with previous comments that’s he needs to be looking at next season. Some players need to go now, not AL, but should nothing have changed come September, my view point will be different. I have to say Albury Walker, when you love a club as much as some of the people on this forum, they are entitled to be frustrated (as am I) as the same issues seem to have arisen week, after week, with the odd reprise on occasion. AL is a manager, and come next season, will be expected to do his job and MANAGE football, which in turn, should produce some better results....and if not, no one can expect a man to be paid for a job that isn’t being done.

Edited by Castorman

I agree that at times this forum can get a bit too negative. I wasnt there yesterday and sorry to hear the fans there on this forum did not enjoy their afternoon

However:

- previous 3 games Kingstonian, Burgess (I was at) and Dulwich were 3 good performances by all accounts .. so is there some over reaction when we have had a lesser performance yesterday?

- new players - Tyler, Samir, Brad, Dernell - are four GOOD signings we have made recently 

- AL is in agreement through his interviews on where things need to be improved.

I was at the Burgess Hil game - and the atmosphere reflected on this forum at times was not evident in my view.

- 53 seasons - very good point - will future players/managers be put off joiinig us if they went onto this website? I am proud of being an ETFC fan (with no "real team" as many ask!) - as the club is forward thinking,incusive, etc

By all means this should be an open forum where people can give honest opinions but sometimes recently if feels a bit TOO negative.

Why is it always considered negative by some when others views oppose theirs? 

I have well documented why my opinions over the passed couple of months have been based on the consensus of views reports by others. In answer to both 53 seasons and Castorman's previous observations I would suggest that most that is written is not based on negativity but pure disillusionment by a majority of concerned supporters.

As to their assumption that certain views will deter future managers from taking up the post, is rather naive and some what lacks knowledge of the motivation that governs prospective football managers.

But perhaps they could give me their insight as to why, if we agree that we have acquired of late several

better players,  we are still prone to lapse into the same style as we were at the beginning of the season.

Surely the manager is responsible for this or is the players? Even though they have change.

As previously reported AL was alleged to have said he doesn't tell the players to play the way they do, if true, is in it self an admission of failure?

As to my loyalty to the cause, I first went to Southbury Road in 1947 and I have followed Enfield ever since. Even in my playing days and National Service. So I think I have earned the right to be critical of what I have seen and read regarding what has happened during the current season.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Please read carefully what I wrote 4WF. I corrected what I believe was an error by you regarding this year's budget. I did not directly accuse you of being negative but some comments on this thread certainly are. People, and that includes managers and players, are usually motivated by positive feedback and lose confidence and are adversely affected by being slagged off. It is unhelpful to the Club  to just continue to blame the present management after every adverse result without regard to the mess they inherited and the prospect of a brighter season next year through building a more stable squad.

The concern is this season is now coming to an end ... only 11 matches left and there are no signs we are going to go into next season with any positive signs... that also has consequences for player retention... obviously I don't know players situations and ambitions but if I was Joe Wright or Sam Youngs or Arun Greene I'm not sure I'd want to commit to a side that will definitely struggle continuing down this path.... ETFC with its supporters and ground should be a magnet for good Ryman players but I'm not sure it is at the moment with AL admitting he can't get certain players in....

53 seasons, on 25 Feb 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

I understood from the AGM 4WF that the budget is actually smaller than last year, including the FA cup money which Andy and Darren's tactics help to bring. I am amazed that I am agreeing with a Cheshunt supporter on a supposedly Town website. Those who criticise so vehemently on a website accessible to the globe, should reflect on the damage they do to our Club as a good employer which gives managers a decent chance of doing a job. They certainly do not represent my views.

+ that written by Castorman this morning.

I did read both of your recent the above posts quite diligently. I never considered that you accused me of being negative and when commenting on the Budget I carefully used the words " I understand". Since you you used the word " actually" you are obviously better placed than me not having seen the clubs estimated Income and Expenditure account. I presume that I am also wrong in thinking that the increase in entrance fee also had anything to do with players budget.

What I was attempting to address is what I consider to be a false premise on your part in respect of the criticism of the current sate of affairs. You argue that because some supporters have been out spoken in this pursuit it could deter future managers in joining the club. I would take an opposite view in that some managers would see from the  criticism by some supporters and recognise their passion for the club. I believe he would conclude that with the right manager/team the club has real potential. This I believe was what attracted BQ, after all the club was in a similar state. The difference being is that the then Board took quick steps to correct the situation.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

If managers thought about going to manage a Premiership club, and read comments in the press or on social media, then no club would ever have a manager. The knives are out for Arsene Wenger again because his team didn't win the League cup today. Who would then go to the Emerate's stadium looking for his job after all the bad press he gets?

4WF I was merely reporting what I heard at the AGM. BQ was already with us as a player and left us in a desperate situation IMO. AndyETFC it is foolish to compare this job with a premiership position where they earn our entire squad annual playing budget  in a couple of weeks.

Enough said I think. My point is keep the faith; support the Club and you will get the rewards in time. No pain no gain.

As stated I readily accept the position, as described by you, regarding the budget.

However, I cannot accept that by voicing  disapproval of the manger's style of football management and ability will deter other future managers. If we all were to accept this then we would have to close down the forum or censor it so that and  only post reports of a sycophantic nature.

My main point, however, was that in recent years the Board have taken swift action regarding managers

when they perceived they weren't living up to expectations. One can only assume that at present they must be content with the current situation. Yes I agree that pain often precedes gain but is only acceptable for a short period. This has been going on for months. Pain for that period time is often hard to get over.

However, we can only hope that the next few games give us positive results and ensure our safety within this league so that we are allocated a place in a league at the same level next year.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Shock horror, I find myself agreeing with Albury Walker . He's well placed to comment as an impartial observer. Let's not forget that it's generally the same dozen or so contributors on this forum and I suspect several, like me, are getting put off by the niggly, negative vibe.

I also agree with 53 seasons' input. I'm tired/bored (delete as appropriate) of reading posts blaming the manager when clearly the players aren't following his instructions. Yes, I know he brought most of them in, but good to see that he seems to have drawn a line and is now looking to be ruthless and start moving dead wood on. Several regular contributors find many faults with the manager but the comment I offer is that he has been too loyal to some of the players. He needed to be a bit harder earlier in the season.

Just watched the interview with AL on YouTube and thought, once again, that he came across well. He has already brought new players in (and some returnees) and they will improve the team, given the chance. He also made it clear that the squad are playing for their places next season, which is exactly as it should be.

The team lacks confidence, and only a run of wins will address that. The first half against Burgess Hill at home (which I got to see) showed the possibilities. The second half, when we were awful, showed how much confidence plays a part in the game. We played like we expected to lose a 3 goal lead.

I hope the players play the rest of the season without fear. We're not going to get relegated or promoted, so even though some may say we have nothing to play for, I think the entire squad has everything to play for. Let's see some character and leadership on the field and in this regard, many congratulations to Ryan Blackman for being appointed playing captain. Well deserved and a good, forward-looking move.

The next few weeks will prove very interesting and I trust the manager to make suitable decisions with next season in mind.