Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Lowestoft

seemgee

Probably the most solid performance for a long while... a good mobile central pairing with Adam Martin giving a very composed display... still a bit surprised Tyler plays so central considering the problems Arun caused when he came on out wide.... no weaknesses on the pitch today... A few loose passes but the shape of the team looked good which hasn't always been the case... Wynters chasing across the oppos back line like he used to do under Brad is very helpful stopping them from playing out from the back... Well done Andy and the team... really pleased for you ....

Decent performance today from the team, well done to Andy and Darren in what must have been a tough game for Andy given his recent personal loss. Played some good passing football at times and looked solid in defence. Credit to Lowestoft who despite their troubles, never gave up and looked liked they had a few youngsters out. Nice cameo from Hockney in the last 15 minutes who looked good on the ball and passed well, very unselfish in giving Hope his goal. Deserved MOM for Blackman, does that guy ever stop running!! Well done all.

Solid all round performance but would like to mention the on loan defenders Taofiq Olomowewe and Matt Mitchell-King who I thought read the game superbly and tidied up everything coming at us. Just the sort of defenders we need for next year. Well done to Andy and Darren for extending Taofiq's loan period. 

Well done to all, management and players. Its great to read the comments above agree with all of them:) Our defensive line showed much improvement on previous games. Ryan Blackman always gives his all, and yesterday he didn’t disappoint.

Greene (great to see him back) Hockney and Liam worked very well together and yes, the way the game was being played changed for the better when these 3 got together.

Great result and really encouraging for next season. I would hope this line up get more opportunities to play together as yesterday really did show promise.

Well done again to all the players! And Andy and Darren!

Edited by Castorman

It seemed to me that when the 3 subs came on we played more on the ground and passed it against a tired opposition with them all linking up well. I thought Adam Martin was MoM for me along with Mickey in the first half who was excellent. Good to see a healthy crowd in attendance as well.

>>CD Towner

Glad somebody saw the same game that I did! A soft first goal that should really have been stopped. A penalty for an offence that I did not see and nobody that I have asked saw it either and finally when the three subs came on we started looking dangerous and direct. Lowestoft are in financial difficulties and struggling at the foot of the table. This was a good result but I will wait and see whether we have turned a corner or not.

Steph, I don't think anyone would seriously suggest for one minute that our team is yet the end product. That said, a three-goal margin is a good win, however it is achieved, and should be welcomed. Last season, under Brad in the league, we drew 2-2 at home to both Dulwich and Lowestoft, whereas recently we have beaten both at home. Progress? Both opponents have serious off-field issues, which threaten the future of their club. Let's enjoy our successes however they are achieved. Praise and encouragement achieves far more than continual negativity I think!

A few strange comments... just because a keeper fails to stop a shot doesn't make it a soft goal and just because you didn't see the foul doesn't make it less of a penalty and also by the time the subs came on the points were won though admittedly Jack provided something up front we never had... I thought it was a better performance against a side we had lost to only a few weeks ago but there isn't as much input on here when we win as to when we have a mare.....

Town won the game at a easily.You can't do much more than that.Although a couple of the Lowestoft players looked no older than 15-16 years old.I doubt this is the same line-up we lost to a few weeks ago.

Hopefully we can take the confidence of a good win into the games against two top 8 teams .

Good to see a lot of singing.A good atmosphere and a good sized crowd on saturday