Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Staines

Father Jack

It's a bit cold!

Team: Wright, Parcell, Bihmoutine, Rumens, Mitchel-King, Martin, Blackman, Hockney, Greene, Wadkins, Campbell

Subs: Wynter, Hope, Noto, Kyriacou, Blake

Having fought back with 3 goals from what sounded like a disastrous start, what went wrong?  Two goals against in last 15 minutes suggest that we again ran out of steam. I look forward to reading the views of  those who braved the weather.

Presumably Youngs has injury or was otherwise indisposed. What ever the reason, from what I have read from recent reports, it's a shame he had to miss this one.

I wasn’t going to go, but decided to brave it, however I had to leave just after Brad’s goal so unfortunately can’t comment on what happened after that.

I have to say, I found it a really entertaining first 60 mins and pleased I went. Yes, total disaster at the beginning. The defence just seemed to back off, hence the first goal, and the same mistakes made literally seconds later.

That could have been it, I was cold and ready to leave already, however credit to all our forwards, heads didn’t drop, Hockney scored the first, a good goal (pleased for him, first start and first goal for us, played well). Tyler followed with a great goal so by half time back to equal. Fans were great as usual and as I stood there at half time, I really didn’t want to leave. Our attack really played as a team, and by 50 mins we were 3-2 up after being 2-0 down and the conditions were not the best!...then I had to leave, I have no idea what happened re subs or rest of play, but was gutted to see the result. We were unlucky not to get a point. I saw some really good play and attitude today

Really played with a lot of spirit today against a very good attacking staines side.

Lots of positives and Jack is going to be some player for sure.

Dan only trained fully thurs and was dead on his feet and aaron is just back from a long term injury hence those substitutions Jack not sure why maybe run himself into the ground.

Done in the end by a deflected shot i believe but lots of positives and the players head didnt drop.

Not the best penalty in the world from Ryan but thats just one of those things.

Ryan is a brilliant captain and gives 110% does the guy ever stop running.

Well done guys apart from the result the football is much better.

A lively attacking display unfortunately let down by being caught out by a very quick counter attacking Staines side.... message to the management... if you really want MP to go flying forward please put cover in behind him.... how many times this season has he had to chase shadows back towards the goal .... Hopefully we will see more of Jack because he doesn't lack confidence and with a run in the team he could be a major player next season.... watching from the other end it's hard to see exactly why we were opened up for the goals but still an unexpected enjoyable cold afternoon and feel a bit for the lads who gave their all again....

A difficult surface where defenders were frightened to commit caused the first two goals by Staines. A similar situation for our second goal where quick thinking allowed Tyler through with defenders nowhere and a well taken goal by Tyler. We looked dangerous and scored until the substitutions and our defence was then chasing shadows.

An exciting game considering the conditions and Staines are clearly a top 5 side and are likely to be in the play offs at the end of the season. There does seem to be the germ of a good side at the stadium a tough game next week let us hope the improvement continues.

Enjoyable game of football, even if the outcome was not the right one. Don't think they'll be many critical of the players in that weather - I couldn't even feel my feet by half time!

By the time Castorman apparently went home I was thinking we'd put in a magnificent performance to come back from 2-0 down.  It did seem to go to pot though once the substitutions started - admittedly bold ones by Andy in bringing on 3 forwards but those taken off - Brad Wadkins, Jack Hockney & Aaron Greene - were all outstanding. I guess they were all withdrawn due to lack of match time recently...

Thought Tyler Campbell, Micky Parcell & Joe Wright all had really good games too. Staines looked a good side, if a bit like Liverpool last year - very good going forward, not so good at the back. So it seems all they need to do is spend £75m on a new central defender - or maybe not!

Archived