Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thurrock FC resign from Bostick League

Interesting Miss H.

I'm told there has been a lot going on behind the scenes there of late.

Maybe this is just to make a point to 'certain people' or the start of something completely new at the club.

Does this mean they go out of existence or start again in the lower levels ??   Not too sure what the Essex senior league will look like next season with all the restructuring .

Annie - Thanks for the link - it is very informative (and also very depressingl).

Anthony - I think the asking price would deter Grays - I understand it is £4 million.

Part of Annie's link reads - "There may be potential to increase building volume on the site subject to good design, landscaping, parking and the economic benefits of the end user. Accordingly the site is suitable for a variety of potential uses subject to the planning consent. A planning uidance (their spelling, not mine) note is available upon request." - So housing is a very distinct possibility. I notice that the advert does not mention that much of the land is on the Mardyke flood plain.

Tenure 
"The property is available freehold with vacant possession." - So definitely no chance of Thurrock FC playing there in a lower league.

Viewing 
"By prior appointment via ******* or Mike **** on 01702 *** ***." - Thurrock have two home matches left to play - one of them is on the penultimate Saturday of the season, and we do not have a match on that day. (We are playing on the friday).

• 1 month later...

It seems a bit morbid and I'd sooner see Thurrock stay in existence but it's clear that circumstances won't allow that to happen.

If there are decent players that want to continue to play and would improve the playing staff at Hornchurch it would be foolish not to consider them if they also fancy playing for us as well. I'm sure that Colin and Jimmy are already on the case (as well as other clubs).

There are a number of players who were at Thurrock who would be good assets in particular Lewwis Spence (already mentioned), Jordan Clark, Reece Morgan and Remi Sutton (terrific attacking full-back).

George and Ronnie Winn are also pretty useful.

However, as ever much will depend upon budgets and how much other clubs are prepared to offer so we shall see. 

• 1 month later...

Archived