Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Burgess Hill v Enfield Town

seemgee

Well done to the manager for a brave team selection. 4 forwards starting (I count Greene as a forward) and 2 on the bench!! Good stuff and exactly the right approach against a team lower than us in the league. Also the correct approach in light of the number of games played over a short period. I doubt the players have the energy left to chase the ball when not in possession. I think he has rotated the squad sensibly. The goals against column doesn't lie at this stage of the season. We are going to concede so the only way we are going to win is by scoring more (he types in "Doh" Homer Simpson fashion).

Blake and Wynter are similar players and it's good to see they have both found their scoring boots. Shame Blake didn't find his earlier in the season but he deserves encouragement because he always works hard. Now the confidence has returned, he'll score more. Wynter will score regularly at this level too. Did Junior Mubaiyi get on in the second half? I hope so.

Looking ahead to next season, we need to work out how to stop leaking goals. If we can persuade the guy who came on loan from Wealdstone to return, that would be a good start. He looked strong and pacy in the solitary game I saw him play.

Thanks for that very positive feedback Benjrider10. Good to hear that we carried on where we left off against Dorking and Billericay, and gave a decent account of ourselves against relegation threatened Burgess Hill, who are fighting for their lives, have beaten Dulwich Hamlet recently, and have seen us off on their home patch in recent seasons. Never an easy place to go, so very pleased for Andy, our players, and all our loyal supporters who travelled down to West Sussex, that we banged in four goals and registered a very welcome win and three points. Well done everyone! 

Archived