Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonbridge Angels v Enfield Town

seemgee

Totally agree with the above 2 posts by littlehampton and benj. I did try to make similar points some time ago but was shot down or ignored as I'm fairly new to this forum. I've found that there are a lot more comments on topics after a defeat by people criticising the players and manager and there are fewer after a good win, whether that's because posters can't be bothered or they don't want to give praise to the manager to contradict themselves, only they can say. It has been a difficult transition this season but I think that if you reflect properly from where the team was when the manager was appointed (2 players only and one of them was long term injured) to where the team is now you would have to say he's done ok. Some of the performances haven't been good but again on reflection some have been, especially against the top two teams and if these type of consistent performances can be produced against other teams something good could happen next season. I believe the manager deserves at least another season to improve on this one.

Would still like to see some youngsters come through, have only seen Junior from the academy in the last couple of weeks in the squad, no Hockney or George QC and I believe the young keeper Nolan is on loan at Egham Town.

to me the first six months was understandably difficult considering the starting point but the worry was with better players the standard of football wasn't improving and I feel AL brought some of the criticism on himself by not even trying to play passing football... the obsession with hoofing the ball forward bypassing the midfield was a constant in our performances... 18 th position with the players available was not good enough... Hopefully Saturday showed the type of football the management team is trying to install and will be a blueprint for future performances

Archived