Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town V Worthing

seemgee

Just for the record, I actually thought Andy was going to be a good Manager for the club. I chose not to make any comments during the season. As i thought it was best he be judged at the end of the season. It's the end of the season and he has failed in many areas. Thats the facts

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I might well be wrong (I often am), but I thought Hockney got injured when he was starting to cement his place in the team. Out of all the youngsters he's definitely looked like the one with the most potential / ability, and definitely has an eye for a pass. I'd like to think that AL has seen enough in him for him to be in and around the team next season.

I think Andy will be the first to admit that this season has been disappointing. I'm very much of the opinion that he should be judged on how he does next season with a proper pre-season, a more settled side and maybe one or two additions in key areas.

Barring a couple of bad results, I'm of the opinion that things are moving in the right direction as we approach end of this season... maybe not as quickly as some would like, but for me, this is a long-term project.

Here's hoping we're challenging in the top half next season!

Thanks Green Grass. I have been a associated with EFC and EFTC since I was 11 in 1947. Only breaking off to play myself for a number of years.

If you had read earlier forum comments you would know that I have been absent for several months due to circumstances beyond my control. During that time I have relied on other peoples comments, which were very varied in their observations. In arriving at my conclusions I used a lifetimes experience given by my profession. However, we often disagree but respectfully. That is what this forum is about. 

From your boorish manner and pompous disregard to other contributors makes me conclude that you have a very over grown sense of self importance. Your very use of the word " Tosh " in itself shows this. I have come across many people similar in football when winding up several professional clubs.

As my critiques have invariably centred on the team management  and how it has been coached to play, Perhaps you would care to explain as to why it was all "TOSH", from a purely football stand point.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

With regards to the players at Enfield Borough, you have to remember that they are playing at step 6. I'm not saying they're not good guys but there is a massive difference between step 6 and step 3, I've even seen a big difference between step 3 and 4 this season.

I'm a bit torn about the younger players because although they should be given a chance are they ready for a real tough season at this level or should they be loaned out to clubs at step 4 for instance to get valuable playing time. Experience is everything at this level. It is my understanding that the 3 youngsters that came from Broxbourne u18 (Hockney, Nolan and QC) were considered the best players in that side. Hockney stayed with the squad all season, while QC and Nolan were loaned out to Cheshunt and Egham respectively.

Finally to Mr 4WF, sir, it is with the greatest respect that I ask this. I have read of your difficulties this season and I am sorry for your troubles. You made your mind up about the Manager very early from what you were told, but have you tried to speak to the man himself? I too had heard and read differing comments about him, but to satisfy my own curiosity decided to speak to him myself and this resulted in my view being pro the manager and that he should be given time to get it right.

This is my first posting on this forum, and I'm afraid that what I'm about to say I wish I didn't have to. Having read so much garbage on this topic I feel I have to respond.I find it fascinating that people have so much to say about Andy Leese and the team when they clearly don't attend regularly at games. Andyetfc, you say you threw your season ticket away in disgust last Saturday, that's pretty radical bearing in mind that was our last home game of the season. 4Wembleyfinals, you have a lot to say for yourself bearing in mind it was your first appearance of the  season, most of it uninformed tosh. Oh and Lovely Stuff, how many games do you go to to spout so much equally uninformed tosh ? As for this tedious theme concerning AL only playing ageing players, well let me see,Rumens,Parcell,McKenzie,Blackman and Wynter are all in their early Twenties. Wright,Johnson,Youngs,Greene,Wadkins and Blake are in their mid twenties, and Hockney is still a teenager. Doesn't exactly qualify them for a pension does it now? I've no problem with people criticising when they go to games home and away regularly, but really, the opinions of those I've mentioned here are quite frankly worthless.

I certainly did not type 'disgust'. Have you never heard of a joke before? Throw away yes, because I can't tear it up as its plastic, oh and it was the last home game of the season. When I mentioned

this to fellow supporters before the game they laughed.

I think it’s clear that I am an advocate for the youngsters, especially as our club is at a point of needing to secure a successful future, and quick. Jack was injured for one week, but as I understand it, he’s just been left out of the last few games despite no longer being injured. Please correct me if I’m wrong. I really hope he hasn’t been picked up somewhere else. Congrats to Junior, but I need to see more to see of him, as previously mentioned he’s only played about 40 mins all year.

I’ve always said I would support the management and see where we were at the end of the season. For me, they have just about passed. Now we need to see confirmation of players sorted for next season. I hope the likes of Blackman, Sam, Mickey, Greene, and Wright are all still with us.

Green grass...if you post on this forum, a bit of respect wouldn’t go amiss. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but getting your facts right about what people have typed might be a good starting point.

To everyone on here, thank you for an interesting year on this forum. Despite differences of opinion, I have really enjoyed the banter, (some of you have made me laugh out loud), and the obvious passion for this club that everyone has. Here’s to a successful next season...hopefully!

Exactly my sentiments Castorman. No we don't all agree with one another but even from our different view points we have one thing in common and that is a bright future for the club.

The short answer FJFtie  is "YES"  I have TRIED to speak to him before, but not at this club. 

At the time I probably formed an opinion but my the views expressed during this season were purely based on the football we have produced under his tenure. But then I'm told I only write "Tosh". I also admit that , if what I heard last summer was true, I would have liked to have seen the young assistant manager of a National League team appointed but that is all water under the bridge now.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Very strange how this is your first posting,shows how much interest you have in our club

Just because it's a first post it doesn't mean someone has little interest or no knowledge of our club it just means it's their first post.

All facts stated are correct even if they don't fit in with others views.

The squad that started the season was of the older kind but has been evolving over the season and will continue to evolve. 

This is my first posting on this forum, and I'm afraid that what I'm about to say I wish I didn't have to. Having read so much garbage on this topic I feel I have to respond.I find it fascinating that people have so much to say about Andy Leese and the team when they clearly don't attend regularly at games. Andyetfc, you say you threw your season ticket away in disgust last Saturday, that's pretty radical bearing in mind that was our last home game of the season. 4Wembleyfinals, you have a lot to say for yourself bearing in mind it was your first appearance of the  season, most of it uninformed tosh. Oh and Lovely Stuff, how many games do you go to to spout so much equally uninformed tosh ? As for this tedious theme concerning AL only playing ageing players, well let me see,Rumens,Parcell,McKenzie,Blackman and Wynter are all in their early Twenties. Wright,Johnson,Youngs,Greene,Wadkins and Blake are in their mid twenties, and Hockney is still a teenager. Doesn't exactly qualify them for a pension does it now? I've no problem with people criticising when they go to games home and away regularly, but really, the opinions of those I've mentioned here are quite frankly worthless.

Welcome to the forum.Hope you enjoy many years on this forum and manage to rack up the thousands of posts on here that those you have criticized have under their belts.Unfortunately i fear you are one of the many 'cuckoo' posters that have come and gone from this forum over the years.Those that simply join because they are friends or relatives of the current manager or squad member,and then disappear quickly once their 'boy' has left the club..Belter of a first post. :D

not sure this age thing has anything to do with our recent form tho I would have like to have seen a bit more of Jack.... we have a number of young exciting players and some very good individuals all of whom I would be happy to stay ... so i can't help thinking if the players are good enough then there can only be one problem... the set up of the team and the way they are asked to play is wrong.... we don't attack as a team and we certainly don't defend as a team... again against Worthing a breakaway goal... yes a rank free kick by Ryan but surely we should be set up to defend a quick loss of possession..like others I'm afraid of more of the same next season meaning a loss of support and income... I had ten family and friends come Saturday not one had a good word to say afterwards....

Morning everyone. An interesting response to my first posting. May I say that there were two main reasons why I came on, firstly to destroy the myth about our squad being too old. We have three players over the age of thirty, now bear in mind that during Steve Newing's tenure we actually had at one stage three players, Hammatt, Hunt and McLeish who were over forty, and they and we didn't do so bad then did we? Secondly, I have this aversion to people commenting and forming opinions on games and individuals when they clearly haven't been to the event. I have many friends whose opinions differ from my own, but because they've seen the same game as me, I'll possibly argue the toss with them, but I'll respect their opinions nontheless. Now then Mr Andyetfc, I do sometimes detect an air of flippancy in your comments, but recently reacted to our fine performance at Tonbridge as 'only one game', well had you seen most of our games recently,apart from the crazy forty five minutes at Harrow, you would have noted we'd being playing well in most of those games. 4 Wembleyfinals, I appreciate your reasons for not being ab le to attend games,but now you're hopefully back on the scene you'll be commenting on what you see,not what you hear. Lovely stuff, trust me I'm not a relative of a player or Management staff,I simply go by what I see,and will continue to do so. Lastly Vauxhall Man, although yesterday was my first posting,like your good self, I have had a real interest in the club for some time !!

I agree MB that everyone is entitled to join the forum, so long as they meet it's criteria. I welcome different views as stimulating but all differences should be dealt with in a respectful manner and not by abuse. Certainly argue your case strongly from what ever position you take.

To Green Grass I say welcome. I also also annoyed with myself for rising to the bait and apologies for the tone of my response. Which contradicts what I have just said above.

By the way I saw most games prior to the New Year and therefore my opinions were based on what I saw. From what I read subsequent to then I was encouraged to make the effort to go last Saturday. Unfortunately, even with a change of personnel I saw very little change to the way the team played. In that respect Theo's comments sums up what I have said in the past.  

This year has been a very volatile one for the club and many strong views have been expressed. It is now almost come to and end and I look forward to the new season. I know that all contributors have one thing in common and that is to see the club have more success on the field next year. 

With that thought in mind I hope you all enjoy the Summer break, when it comes, and that we all meet up again in a few months time.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I actually for once agree with Theo! We don’t have too many older players in the squad now and have the right balance between youth and experience. Our experienced players (Mitchell-King, Martin, Hope, Thomas) are the right fit in terms of ability, experience and character to support the younger players. Should they all be in the starting team? No but in the squad yes and 1 or 2 starting IMO.

The younger players are players with quality, ie Wright, Greene, Youngs, Parcell. I disagree on the Junior comment. From what I’ve seen he’s not at the standard of other players we have and so just because he’s a young/homegrown player doesn’t mean he has a divine right or interest to be playing ahead of others! Granted I was not at the Dorking game but that appears to be where the argument of his involvement has stemmed from!

The issue is with the way all of our players (not many of which I would actually want to lose) are being asked to play. 1 up front for example is not a formation I would champion. Kicking it long I’m not a fan of. Overly defensive tactics I’m not a fan of. Rigid management styles and indecisive tactics I’m not a fan of!

Is there a common theme here???

Morning everyone. An interesting response to my first posting. May I say that there were two main reasons why I came on, firstly to destroy the myth about our squad being too old. We have three players over the age of thirty, now bear in mind that during Steve Newing's tenure we actually had at one stage three players, Hammatt, Hunt and McLeish who were over forty, and they and we didn't do so bad then did we? Secondly, I have this aversion to people commenting and forming opinions on games and individuals when they clearly haven't been to the event. I have many friends whose opinions differ from my own, but because they've seen the same game as me, I'll possibly argue the toss with them, but I'll respect their opinions nontheless. Now then Mr Andyetfc, I do sometimes detect an air of flippancy in your comments, but recently reacted to our fine performance at Tonbridge as 'only one game', well had you seen most of our games recently,apart from the crazy forty five minutes at Harrow, you would have noted we'd being playing well in most of those games. 4 Wembleyfinals, I appreciate your reasons for not being ab le to attend games,but now you're hopefully back on the scene you'll be commenting on what you see,not what you hear. Lovely stuff, trust me I'm not a relative of a player or Management staff,I simply go by what I see,and will continue to do so. Lastly Vauxhall Man, although yesterday was my first posting,like your good self, I have had a real interest in the club for some time !!

I have actually seen quite a few games this season and I'll pass judgement when I wish to. Yes, Tonbridge was a good win but we cannot base our season on just the one game.

The answer to your question CD is "Yes there is" and that is why I have clung to my view as to where the problem lies.  As I have already said I now await to see if there is any change in AL approach. If not we can expect more of the same. One can only live in hope.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

isn't this fun !!! :D anyway the season all bar one game is over lets hope that the management  can sort out the team bring in new faces where needed.  I hope you all have a good summer break and hope to see you all down donkey dome next season

Welcome to the forum.Hope you enjoy many years on this forum and manage to rack up the thousands of posts on here that those you have criticized have under their belts.Unfortunately i fear you are one of the many 'cuckoo' posters that have come and gone from this forum over the years.Those that simply join because they are friends or relatives of the current manager or squad member,and then disappear quickly once their 'boy' has left the club..Belter of a first post. :D

Oh dear, I've not been for a few months due to medical problems, now I feel like a 'cuckoo'?

Sorry everybody, see you next term!