Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season

I appreciate that we've only just finished 17/18, but I note with interest that other clubs (for example Kingstonian) are already announcing signings for next season.

Is Andy assembling his squad, putting the finishing touches to it, or is he off on his hols?

AFC Hornchurch

Bishops Stortford

Bognor Regis Town

Brightlingsea Regent

Burgess Hill Town

Carshalton Athletic

Corinthian-Casuals

Dorking Wanderers

Enfield Town

Folkestone Invicta

Haringey Borough

Harlow Town

Kingstonian

Leatherhead

Lewes

Margate

Merstham

Potters Bar Town

Tonbridge Angels

Whitehawk

Wingate & Finchley

Worthing

New line up next season ...14/21 away trips south of river I think...

AFC Hornchurch

Bishops Stortford

Bognor Regis Town

Brightlingsea Regent

Burgess Hill Town

Carshalton Athletic

Corinthian-Casuals

Dorking Wanderers

Enfield Town

Folkestone Invicta

Haringey Borough

Harlow Town

Kingstonian

Leatherhead

Lewes

Margate

Merstham

Potters Bar Town

Tonbridge Angels

Whitehawk

Wingate & Finchley

Worthing

New line up next season ...14/21 away trips south of river I think...

Reminds me of a Southern League league.

Try these teams being closer to ETFC for a start -

Hendon

Harrow Borough

Staines Town

Needham Market

Hitchin Town

Royston Town

Chesham United

All are in one of the two Southern Leagues. I would need to get the map and GPS out to work out more but they would be north of ETFC

Does anyone know which leagues feed which,seems a bit confusing,what with the Southern league controlling the new step 3 league,and the Isthmian league controlling the new step 4 league,so as it looks 7 step 4 leagues feeding 4 step 3 leagues.With 3 Isthmian controlled

Leagues at step 4 surely they cannot all feed 1 league at step 3 ?,and with the change in numbers in each league ie 22 now in step 3 and 20 in step 4,how many will be promoted/relegated from each?

@lovely stuff

I did wonder how Carinthian C,managed to get promoted,so i had a look,apparently the Fa looked at all teams who finished 3rd in their respective leagues at step 4 and compared there performance and CC won,so got the place.(I think by 3rd they mean losing playoff team)

I think, Corinthians C got promoted by having the best Points Per Game total during the season, from the losing playoff finalists.

If Haringey Borough failed to beat Canvey Island, they would of still been promoted because their PPG was better than Corinthians C

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It would seems that there are 4 Premier Leagues of 22 Teams making up Step3; which are fed by Step4 made up of 7 Leagues of 20 teams each. How promotion and relegation will apply I don't know. Perhaps this is still a work in progress.

There is, however, an appeals process in place for clubs to make representation if they think that they have been placed in the wrong regional zone.

It appears a case of watch this space, or "another fine mess you've got me into Stanley". I think it will need a good computer system to work out the fixtures.

Not happy with the proposed line ups either .. as someone that lives 47 miles north of Donkey Lane!

If it was meant to make travelling less, then to me the League should be something like:

A.F.C. Hornchurch ILN Beaconsfield Town SLE Bishop's Stortford SLP Brightlingsea Regent ILP Chesham United SLP Enfield Town ILP Haringey Borough ILN Harlow Town ILP Harrow Borough ILP Hendon ILP Hitchin Town SLP Kings Langley SLP Kingstonian ILP Leatherhead ILP Merstham ILP Needham Market ILP Potters Bar Town ILN Royston Town SLP Staines Town ILP Tonbridge Angels ILP Walton Casuals ILS Wingate & Finchley ILP

This would give people a realistic shot at getting to all midweek away games.

And surely the south coast teams all together would work for them too?

Your suggestion sounds sensible RG . It will be interesting to see which club, if any, is bold enough to rock the boat and make an appeal. I don't think it will go down very well with the planners. 

I believe the whole idea of rearrangement is to cut down travelling times and hence club expenditure. To achieve this the country has been split up into regions. This in principle is commendable but I wonder how much consideration was given to the amount of traffic movement and the time it can take when crossing between north/south of the Thames especially in the evenings. It is too late now but it would have been wise if Draft examples of the proposed make up of each league had been made earlier for clubs to consider, subject to  later adjustments for promotion/relegation etc. This would have given clubs more time to consider whether they wished to appeal. The current time scale has left it as a "fait accompli" 

I am sure many would say it would have been too messy but already the current decisions are being questioned.....Oh well just a suggestion but once again after the horse has bolted. Have to be content with only about 28 games to choose from!!!!    

Why didn't all the south coast sides get lumped together...Seems ridiculous that Hendon and Harrow face trips to Taunton Town .... wasn't the restructuring meant to minimise traveling?

a good evening match there Hendon v tiverton 340 mile plus round trip 3 hours plus each way !!!

Archived