Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season

Can't agree more, Yet another another case of relying on Computers rather than allowing for human common sense. Although it must have been someone in the FA with who came up with this brilliant idea, to fix what was not broken, with out considering any of the consequences. No doubt collecting numerous brownie points on the way. But surely some one could see the pit falls.  You don't have to be a rocket scientists.

It's about time they reorganised their own internal administration and become a professional organisation. At the moment it is not fit for purpose. But then where have I heard that before?

But the FA will say " what do they know"!!!!!!

Hold on!!!!!! I see that everything is still only Provisional and awaiting ratification. Forgot to keep to my own edict "That is to ensure you read what is actually written".

Will wait a bit longer though before making my apologies for the above remarks and I eat humble pie. This is because it's seems the planners are leaving it rather late to go back to the drawing board.

I have read the announcement of the new structure on the Isthmian League website but the League does not explain how promotion and relegation within the Isthmian structure will work. What is known/announced is that there is a Premier Division of 22 teams and three 20 team leagues under this, North Central, South East.

My question is how many teams will get relegated to the lower leagues and how will teams from the lower leagues win promotion. The Champions should be promoted automatically so that means at least three teams should get relegated from the Premier Division, but short of six teams getting promoted (Champions plus play-off winner from each of three divisions - unworkable I would have thought) there will have to be some way of reducing the play off winners to maybe one only. Maybe the League has not had time to work this one out but it is an interesting challenge.

Archived