Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WHO WILL BE FIGHTING FOR PROMOTION FROM SPARTAN PREM 2018/19 SEASON

• 2 months later...

Cockfosters and Stotfold ?  A nice thought, Jonno, but it ain't gonna happen...

Stotfold look no better than they were last time out, and I suspect are in for another difficult season.  It's a pity, because they are a friendly bunch, and it's a place I always enjoy visiting.

Cockfosters, with yet another new manager, (albeit this time one who actually knows something about step 5 football), can best be described as 'a work in progress'.  The team who on Saturday comprehensively turned over 'Dean Barker's much-fancied Northwood', (as the press insist on calling them), were themselves comprehensively turned over last night by Norsemen FC, from the Amateur Football Alliance.  And it was no fluke --- Norsemen worked harder, played lively attacking football, never looked like conceding a goal, and should probably have won by more.  So while I'm not expecting 'Fosters to finish in the bottom three this time, I doubt they'll be troubling anyone in the top half of the table either.

For me this season it's between Leighton, the two Biggleswades, and Baldock --- whichever of them wants it more, can stay clear of injuries, and is prepared to sign cheques when necessary.

Although, with compulsory promotion again on the table, (and enforced relegation the punishment for anyone who refuses), I suspect the division has quite a few clubs who will spend the latter part of the season making damned sure they don't finish anywhere near the top three...

Hope I’m proved wrong but it’s all fairly quiet from Leighton Town at the moment. A number of players lost from last season and they have not been replaced with the same quality.

Very little from the new manager Danny Nicholls either. His son has been signed up and is now captain. At any level of football that always worries me a bit

im hoping my team Tring will be up there come the end of season with new signings  Ashton Campbell and Alex Campana from Berkhamsted, Carl Mensah from Welwyn, Kieran Turner from Kings Langley with Roy Byron and a fantastic young lad called Billie Busari. along with most of last seasons squad,   should be a better showing this time round

only two players have moved on   Max Hercules(Aylesbury Utd)  and Steve Nott-McAire(Risborough)

i watched leighton pre season and they looked very similar to last season, not many followed the old manager to Aylesbury FC, should be strong again

im hoping my team Tring will be up there come the end of season with new signings Ashton Campbell and Alex Campana from Berkhamsted, Carl Mensah from Welwyn, Kieran Turner from Kings Langley with Roy Byron and a fantastic young lad called Billie Busari. along with most of last seasons squad, should be a better showing this time round

only two players have moved on Max Hercules(Aylesbury Utd) and Steve Nott-McAire(Risborough)

Good signings. Could be a really good season for you.

• 6 months later...
On 14/05/2018 at 07:44, AO245867 said:

Should be a very exciting season . With no welylen garden city and berko in the division it looks hard to pick a clear fav.

Im sure

Harpenden

Biggleswade fc

Leighton town

Will all be up there

Looks like i was right with one of my predictions. Other two million miles away

Archived