Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New staff?

djwilf

So Mario and Steve are now assistants following the departure of the previous departures.

What are fans thoughts on this?

What will they bring to the team?

Will it be a benefit having "coaches" who know the players well?

Not sure their knowledge of coaching at this stage will be at a level to actually coach players.... they are obviously young and keen to progress but I would imagine now that Andy will have a near 100% say in all the teams tactics and affairs which could be a good or bad thing we will see ....

Lets hope they are not frustrated in their attempts to coach. Also we get a few more players with the ability and willingness to adapt to a team plan. Especially in defence. The first few months of next season will soon tell. Let's all hope for a good start so as to lift us all, supporters and players a like.

Also it would be good to have a few more testing preseason games rather than last those of last year. Better to lose a few of these, so as to point out our weak spots, so that they are ironed out before the the league starts. 

Noto was an intelligent player with vision and I am sure he will be a good coach with fresh ideas, wanting to help players improve. I didn't know he already has coaching experience/qualifications. Perfect start to the next stage of his career and a sensible appointment.

I only saw Sreve Wales play one game and I think it was when he picked up an injury making a goal-saving tackle. Even in that solitary game I saw him play, I remember being impressed by his commitment. Again, to my mind another sensible appointment which brings fresh blood and purpose to the management team.

Looking ahead to next season already, but need to keep reminding myself to be patient! The trouble with life these days is that, with social media, we all expect instant news/updates. I'm already wondering who is going to sign, re-sign, any new players etc? Then I kick myself - this season's only just finished! The officials, management and players are all part time and have normal lives to lead. Come end July I'm hoping to see some news on what next season's squad is shaping up to be. I know who I'd like to stay but will keep that to myself. Players come and go at this level but I do hope we don't have the level of change as 2017-2018 pre-season.

I have mixed views on the appointments ..

- Really pleased both players stay involved  at the club as I was impressed with their ability and attitude.

- Mario having his coaching badges is a big plus too

- Gives a level of consistency

- I seem to rememeber hearing/reading we were considering using the wage bill differently with a smaller squad next season - if so they are both excellent squad players to have as back up - assuming they arent planning to play.

BUT

- Is it a risk having 2 people NEW in role for this season?

- Will it put extra strain on Andy teaching them, rather than them fully supporting him?

- Our biggest issue last year was defence - and they are both attacking players.

It is Andy's decision so fully respect it, hope it works, and already looking forward to pre season!

Benjrider - I agree about player movements - other clubs are announcing .. I have seen an ex Chesham player announce he is leaving another club on twitter - and it has been "liked" by a few of our team - assuming that it isnt over the line or we would have announced ?

Do think we could announce the players we have released though ...  Simon Thomas retiring is the only one I am aware of?

So have I Andy although I am pretty certain that AL will be the absolute arbiter of the coaching committee. That is unless he has had a renaissance in the past few months. I am more interested to see what team starts this coming season.

Then will be the time to judge what his and the boards intention are for the future of the club.

For me we need to always be in the top half next season and to finish top 8.

I agree, a top 8 finish should be a minimum requirement. A lot of good teams are no longer in the league (either promoted or transfered). Plus only two came down from a higher league and six have come up.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Archived