Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

All quiet on the Enfield Front

I'd say that hanging on to Joe Wright is the signing of the year. Closely followed by Mickey and Aaron. It says something that these guys want to stay at ETFC. I'm optimistic for the season ahead. It certainly helps that Bi$$ericay and Dulwich are also no longer in the league!

Ever thought that sometimes it might not be a good idea to tell everyone else our club's business before everything is tied up?

Yes it is is bit strange that we are so pleased to keep the nucleus of a squad that finished so far down the league last year.

Lets hope the four or five new players we will bring in will improve the quality of the squad and those current players staying can show more consistency in the coming season.

League position of 6th - 9th is the expectation this season.

Above that is a great season.Below that is a disappointment.

Edited by lovely stuff

I tend to be in agreement with your appraisal LS. However,I suppose that compared to last year we have at least a starting position.  

It is has been intimated that the club were able to negotiate a fairly good financial deal re the CONIFA Cup. If true then well done to the Board. I hope some of this extra revenue will find it's way towards one or two new quality players. 

I feel it best to refrain from further comment until we are further into the close season and see what comes up. But I sincerely wish for AL and his new team management to come up with some inspired choices and not the same old, same old, who boast a CV with numerous clubs!!! After all I've had shower once in the old Wembley Stadium. We will just have to wait and see.

Point taken Andy but, one would expect that that when considering the annual budget requirements, contingencies for debt reduction is part of that consideration. This being a normal prudent business requirement and part of any Co./club business plan.

Unfortunately not having seen any formal Club accounts one can only speculate. But that said it is not unusual for part of any surplus of revenue over and above the norm be considered usable for  expansion, especially when no dividends are ever to be payed.  In our case squad improvement. That is unless one is content to stagnate. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Again I agree with you Andy but would suggest that is where management have to balance their priorities. 

Not knowing what the net revenue result of any additional revenue was, if any, it is purely conjecture has to how it could be spent. But I sincerely hope that the club did indeed receive some additional income. Every little helps!!!

looks like we will be waiting a bit longer  and our star man who may have signed  ...................... don't look like he did 

Looks like the name I heard finally announced his departure from his former club today. Not sure he's named a new club yet though. Still, I'll be surprised if he ends up at ETFC next season rather than a Con South side. Lets see...