Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matt Day

3spirit

Can't say I'm surprised that we have let Matt Day go, as we now have the option of playing Sam Togwell at the back.

Plus might free up a bit more money for another player,when needed.

Tickled me, that I thought Matt Day would come back for pre-season looking lighter than he had at the end of last season and yet,when I saw him recently he looked like he had put more weight on !

Shouldn't think he will be short of offers, though and I expect him to be snapped up by someone.Perhaps he'll go back to Hungerford or drop down a division. 

I’m basing it on the fact he’s been a regular Conference South player (plus top player whilst at Hungerford) for a while so it’s surprisingly he’s had to drop to a newly promoted Step 5 team.

Could be just the case that as players get older they have to look after themselves in order to carry on playing at a certain level.

Bracknell are a good club and seem to be heading in the right direction so for me it could be the ideal club for Matt Day to get a regular start and thus improve his overall fitness.

I’m basing it on the fact he’s been a regular Conference South player (plus top player whilst at Hungerford) for a while so it’s surprisingly he’s had to drop to a newly promoted Step 5 team.

Clearly a very experienced player but time catches up with everyone . Last season he did a great job for us but clearly struggled against pace. By dropping down to a really good side in Bracknell he will be able to,bring all his knowledge to bear and will occasionally come up against pace but more likely to be raw pace with less experience.

Clearly a very experienced player but time catches up with everyone . Last season he did a great job for us but clearly struggled against pace. By dropping down to a really good side in Bracknell he will be able to,bring all his knowledge to bear and will occasionally come up against pace but more likely to be raw pace with less experience.

As has been said before, if you're of a certain age or of a certain build you have to make the effort and look after yourself if you want to carry on playing football at the highest level you can.

Matt Day is easily a good enough player to to still be playing in the National South but not sure the desire is there.

Archived