Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds 1 ETFC 2

Raingod

So, the first silverware of the season for us!

On arrival was surprised to see we had 4 players missing who you would be expect to be in and around the starting 11 come Folkestone in 2 weeks .. unavailable were Greene, Parcell, Britnell (away) and MMK (injury). 

After first 10 mins of settling down, we had a really good first half. Another good goal from Adams to add to a great strike from Monday night - and I like his passion and chasing down of the opposition. Can see a great partnership will form with BB! Great looping header from Youngs, who I am really pleased has rejoined this season. Thought we looked a better side against Spurs when he came on.

Special mention also to left back Remi Sutton, who is a strong attacking individual, plus Chaney and Taafe are both exciting players to watch.

AFCRD equalised on the stroke of half time, and whilst we weren't as strong in the second half, plenty of subs, etc, we did restrict them pretty well.

So after seeing 2 games I am feeling optimistic for the new season!

Comments from their forum include:

"It was intetesting to pit our skills against a team from the same level. Enfield were quicker on and off the ball and played really well in the first half."

I think the team that started for Enfield will do well this season in their league, Chaney they have just signed from Torquay!

It shows a real step up in quality from step 4 to 3

Archived