Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction for the season

cup of tea

A bit early I know but any predictions but where we will come in the league?

I would be delighted if we made it to mid table in our first season back and seeing as (goalkeeper aside) we've kept the core of the defence I think we could achieve that. Also some good signings, particularly in midfield. To me, anything above mid table is a bonus.

Just to be clear, we've lost a good goalkeeper and have got in another good goalkeeper so I have no fears there.

Having kept a good number of players from last season it does give this side a solid base to work with however this league is tough this year with all the recently moved teams and some good sides being promoted from last year so survival is the main target.  I will be happy if the team can stay up and maybe have a good cup run to go with it.  A mid table finish would be good if things go well and give the side something to build upon.

Only 3 go down from the Premier divisions ... but we don't care about that.  More important is promotion .....

The rules for promotion are as follows:

6 teams will be relegated from the National North / South (3 each) so 6 teams from 4 divisions at step 3 (our level) will replace them.

Each step 3 league winner will be promoted (4 of these) but only 2 of the 4 play-off winners will be promoted as desctibed below.  Good luck understanding how they work out which of the 4 play-off winners end up being promoted ..... 

"They [the teams relegated from the National North & South] will be replaced by the Clubs finishing in 1st position in each of the four divisions at Step 3 together with a further two Clubs determined by a series of Play Off Matches.

In each division at Step 3, the Play Off Matches shall be played so that the highest placed of the eligible Clubs plays against the lowest placed and the other two Clubs play each other (the “Step 3 Initial Play Off Matches”): The winners of each of the Step 3 Initial Play Off Matches will play each other resulting in one winner in each of the Step 3 divisions (the “Step 3 Divisional Play Off Winners”).

The Step 3 Divisional Play Off Winners will play a further match against each other. The ties will be played on a single match basis with the home Club being the Club with the best points per match ratio in the Regular Season. If there are only three eligible Clubs then the highest placed shall receive a bye to a second match where it will play the winner of the other Play Off Match and the winner of that match will play in the further Play Off Match described above. Clubs finishing below position 7 will not be considered for Play Off Matches."

Clear as mud !

I noticed in last weeks NLP that we are slight favourites for the league. This being after Billericay & Dulwich were promoted and three or four useful sides were moved sideways.

The best place for them I say ;)

The promotion system is -

If you win the league (i.e. the Isthmian Premier), you are promoted.

If you get into the play-offs, you must win your divisional play-off. (Same system as last season).

You then go into another (one match) play off with the winner of one of the other divisional play-offs. (The home team will be the one with the best points-per-game average in the regular season).

If you win that one, you go up.

If you lose, you stay down.

So in other words, you need to win your own divisional play-offs, an then win the next play-off as well.

I'm confident that we won't be in a relegation dogfight but we need to re-establish ourselves in this league and respect the fact that the standard is going to be higher than last year. There's some good teams here.

I think we've got a good team also.

Archived