Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Bishop's Stortford

seemgee

With Greene, Bricknell and Blackman not even in the squad for last night's game (presumably injured or unavailable), I can't recall such strength in depth.

We seem to be spoilt for choice going forward, but do we have that squad depth in defence and midfield, when injuries and suspensions come into play? The right mix of youth and experience to get us 3 points away from home in those mid-week matches in December/January on ploughed fields that sort the wheat from the chaff?

Very promising start to the season - looking forward to reading what people think.

Great performance and result last night, following up an equally good result and performance from Saturday. I know it's early days but you can't ask for a much better start than that. I Agree with Andy we were on the back foot but I think that this team has a bit more resilience about it and last season we would have possibly drew or even lost this match. If the team keeps playing this way the players waiting to come back in might have to sit on the bench for a while. Saturday will be a strong test against the bookies favourite for promotion. Looking forward to it.

On a side note, it looks like that this forum will follow the same pattern as last season where wins were less frequently commented on than defeats. I know it's early in the season but let's see shall we.

@Andyetfc,TJFootie

I agree with all you say,one other comment I would add is that the atmosphere in the ground last night was fantastic,and an attendance of over 450 for a midweek game.Looking forward with great anticipation for the rest of the season.

Would have been hard to choose man of the match last night there were so many standout performances.

Very pleased with the win last night - first half was quite comfortable, not so good in the second half, thought we were second best then.

Good to see a degree of resilience though we were rather holding on once they scored and I had the feeling we might have broken if the game had gone on any longer.

Can't complain about 2 wins out of 2 though - looking forward to Saturday. Sam Chaney and Sam Youngs in particular were both outstanding last night (as Matt Johnson was on Saturday). Ryan Blackman has a fight on his hands when he returns - good to see competition for places. Impressed with Sam Hatton's defending, especially in the first half, too, so pleased to see Mickey get on ahead of him - always like to see Mickey using his energy going forward.

Thought we played some great stuff in the 1st half and 3-0 wouldn't have flattered us. We weren't nearly so dominant in the 2nd half though and Stortford showed that they are a strong outfit. Reassuring to see that this new ETFC has plenty of resilience. I think we came away with 3pts but we also came away firmly grounded - we aren't the finished article yet and there's plenty of improving to do.

Interested to see how Andy fits Greene and Blackman into this side and also how much more potent we'll look with a fully fit Bricknell up top.

Agree with all the above - great opening to the game, playing decent stuff - game should have been out of sight.

Chaney's goal was a fantastic turn and place into the bottom corner, and Young's was deserved for 2 great performances so far.

Credit to Stortford in second half  - but we battled. Subs didnt have the same effect as Saturday!

Chaney was my personal MOM - the fact that we have so many to choose from is great!

Benj - remember MMK and Rumens are injured but will be there to add to the defence

Squad will be v competitive with the options available - and players will have to bide their time to get their chance!

Great to hear everyone else is so positive 

Off on hols now but will be closely following sat's game from afar

Up the town!

Had my doubts last season about which direction the team was going in but have to say have been very impressed by the preseason and those players brought in.    Nice mix of age, youth, experience and now what is pleasing is the competition for places.

First half thought we looked very good going forwards and quite composed at the back.    Think the two centre backs are building quite a partnership and both Sutton and Hatton looked equally good going forwards and defensively.

Second half we seemed to run out of steam/ideas and our final ball seemed to let us down too often.  With being more clinical and holding on to the ball better the game should have been well out of reach.    A few moments towards the end where it really did look like a game of two halves.

Be interesting to see how today/rest of the season turn out.   Squad is strongest it's looked for some time and with Blackman, Bricknell and Greene to return things do look very promising.

Onwards and upwards and hopefully today can keep the momentum going. 

Well done to Andy, Steve and Mario on putting together a decent set up and all those behind the scenes.

Think Chaney looks a great little player.

Archived