Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v ETFC (Velocity Trophy)

DerekR

If I’m honest, I didn’t know whether to go down there tonight, M25/A127 at that time can be a nightmare, but I’m so glad I went. Great result, great effort, great team performance from mainly 18/19 year olds against an experienced side!

I’m not picking anyone out, they all deserved praise, a win and a clean sheet!

What I will say is that those that played 90 mins didn’t tire 10 mins before the end, they kept playing their hearts out the whole game... maybe it’s their age

Management must be pleased, but makes it difficult as there are definitely players there who should play more. Competition for places gets even harder!

Thanks for the report Castorman,I also read the report on the Canvey webpage and they were very complimentary of our younger players and from what I read we were unlucky not to score more,great video on theirTwitter feed of our goal.

I think this year we have a great mix of experience and youth in our squad.and with an u23s team all should get some game time.And with what I have seen of some of our younger players and those with more experience,competition for first team places places will be tough.Great dilemma for Andy to have we have quality all over the park.

Great win last night,congrats to all.

Very pleased with the win, and particularly with the clean sheet but I thought it was one we got away with a bit - as with much of last year, Joe Wright was very much to the fore, especially in the first half.

Contrary to some of the other comments, I don't think there were many performances last night that would put any pressure on the first team. Good to see a very young team able to grind out a result though.

Archived