Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Ambers (wearing sky blue) 1

Swifty

Deja vu all over again today. For the second successive home league game we went in goalless at half time, conceded the opener, got a leveller and would probably be happy with a draw.

Cheshunt had considerably more efforts on goal, many high and wide, a couple well saved by Tyler, and a cheeky first half lob which bounced on the rock hard pitch onto the underside of the bar and out. Their 59th minute opener came from a low diagonal right wing cross flicked into the far corner by Oluwole Akinsanya.

Two minutes beforehand, Ashford's first real fruitful attack of the game saw Bitz go close followed by a goalmouth scramble which failed to ripple the net but, in the 69th, an unselfish pass by James let Bitz through for a low hard effort from 15 yards out for 1-1.

A bit of a non-event, really, and we didn't seem to gel fully, but the match was played in good spirit by both teams. We seemed to improve when Nebay came on, and our rearguard action was spearheaded by another fine Weighty performance.

Best part of the day was the Ashford Town double steak burger. Bang go my intended dinner plans!

Thanks for your posts, Swifty.

I like to keep an eye on how Ashford are doing. The non-league paper never tells you much. I'm also having trouble with all these new divisions, as it's got confusing as to who's in what division, since the changes.

Anyway,good to see that a couple of old stalwarts ie Mark Bitmead and Scott Weight are still doing well for your team. 

Good luck for the season.

Archived