Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's game

Agreed. We were great in the first half (but we do need to capitalise when we pressure teams). Protheroe and Evans played well in the first half, thought Skinner had a great game despite nearly having his legs hacked off twice and Gledhill looked pretty good.

Their No 11 should have walked as well - he'd committed about four fouls before his first booking, and his last tackle was bad enough to warrant a second yellow.

I couldn't get to the game today, although my son and father in law went. I was listening to RK on the way to pick them up and RK reckoned that Wilko may have dislocated a finger.

I had to follow the game on BBC website and the text commentary certainly suggested that it was mainly one way traffic. A good result, well done the boys.

I think Shearer was massive today. He laid the ball off several times when normally it would have been head it anywhere philosophy.

Duke was a little hesitant in the first 45 but grew in stature in the second half.

Their 11 was a complete nutter. How he stayed on is behind me .

All in all a good result

ANother 3 next saturday and we will well clear of the dog fight

Protheroe was excellent today his distribution is better than anyone else in the side and he played well in the midfield alongside McKimm. Gledhill looked ok and it was great to have Skins back.

I made Rob Haworth my m.o.m. for sheer effort.

Louis played well and got the goal but we still need to sign a couple more players... a striker and Lee Protheroe.

I know Walshe went off injured but I thought he and Drury were dissapointing today which is a shame as they are the flair players in the side.

Chris Moore, 4 goals in 3 games only on the bench, me no understandee!

Evans - Great - answered a lot of critics.

Protheroe - CLASS.

Gledhill - Great assett.

Skins - no need to say anything - brilliant.

Drury - below his norm, but still very good as his norm is so high.

Older fans behind goal to right of us - really upset me with constant slating of every player, we may only have 980, but id have been happy for them 5 to P off and moan at players at another club, not the 11 that put in superb effort today.

Well played fleet - thoroughly deserved 3 points - no doubt.

Quote:
Richard C said:
Skins - no need to say anything - brilliant.

A lot of people often say Skins isn't up to it and we should be looking for a new left back, but his presence today definitely made it noticeable how much we've missed him. I think he's a great player, and although discipline isn't the greatest, I'd definitely try and keep him for next season.

Yet again we had the chance to seal the win, only to be hanging on at the end - but I shouldn't moan, as a win is a win.

I personally thought Protheroe's distribution tailed off a little in the second half - although, to the fair, the whole side was less impressive after the break. I was generally impressed with Gledhill - some fine passing from him in particular. Slarti's right about Haworth - superb running put in by him from start to finish, although Shearer ran him close for MOTM. Also, praise must go to the Fridge for a fine display after all of the criticism he has been getting lately, and it was great to see the dependable Skins back. I only hope that Wilko's injury isn't too serious. As for Moore's presence on the bench rather than in the first team, I can only assume that he was an injury concern, given his recent excellent form.

As for their red card, I was unsure about it - but their number 11 definitely should have walked for that elbow on Protheroe, particularly given that he had already been booked.

Although Farnborough, Forest Green and Tamworth all won today, we must remember that Farnborough and Tamworth's victories came against Leigh and Northwich respectively - two sides who are getting a little cut adrift at the moment.

Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:
Theres a bunch who stand in front of the tea hut as well, when we attack that way, who seem to moan at everything.

Lets hope they direct their discontent at Mr Westley next week rather than our players then!

Halifax may have been poor for a Pro-outfit and playing against 10 men helped our cause but the team gave a decent performance over the full 90 minutes today. Louie celebrated his goal as if he had just scored a Hat-trick! (Well done Louie!)

The passing football of recent weeks was again on show - it makes me want to attend matches rather than go through the motions of attending out of sheer bloody loyalty!