Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

Exeter £20,000??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
15 replies to this topic

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
anybody else slightly worried about the prospect of paying £20,000 for someone else's mistake/problem!!!!

http://www.confguide...ad&thread=24182

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Not so much worried as angry.

I for one will not be going to Exeter for the away match, and I will pass the money that I save to the club if and when we do receive a bill.

Not much I know, but every little helps.

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
Heard recently that Conf. were going to review the suspended 10k fine early in the next year. Any news on that?

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I thought that the suspended fine for indiscipline was from the FA.....

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
.....as for the Exeter debacle - why are the other conference clubs liable???

Let the conference committee (or whatever they call themselves) find the cash.

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
I had a lot of respect for the Grecians and their Trust but, despite their claims that they have been forced into this action, any respect and support from me has gone right up the spout. The members of the conference ie the clubs apparently have to contribute towards legal costs which, as mentioned, could run into tens of thousands. That is going to affect MY club, a club that has had nothing to do with the mis-management and incompetence of Exeter City personnel, whether past or present. Forget their CVA or 12 points deduction, chuck them out of the league altogether. This has really got my goat up. Carrot-crunching yokel b*st*rds.

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
here here!!!!! Absolute disgrace. i wouldnt come on here and ask you lot to pay my loans off!!!

offline ifa

ifa
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I would..........good idea!!
Any offers?

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
1p do?

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Yeah very much agree this whole thing really stinks!
isn't this typical of a recently relegated football league club caughtwith their trousers down and expecting preferential treatment,I did have a bit of sympathy with their cause to begin with,still can't really see the point of the points deuction by the league,still kick the poor bastards when their down seems to be the leagues mentality.
As for Exeter's behaviour now well,they knew the ruls when they came into the Conference didn't they?
I am quite friendly with an Exeter supporter,and he's been arguing their case with quite eloquently,it's hard for me now to know what to say to him that wouldn't upset him, this is completely unjustifiable on Exeters part and now I really hope they lose.

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
It'l help! Il go on the Exeter board and ask them instead, they'l understand that Im in debt, so they can just throw money at me. Sorted.

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
What would happen if all conference clubs refused to pay the bills? Having this news about paying these bills really pisses up our plans doesnt it.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
All I can say is "Thank god we had the FA Cup run and the TV Coverage v Notts County, otherwise our Directors pockets really would be wearing thin. I can think of several other clubs for whom £20000 will push them extremely close to extinction, if not fully there (Leigh, Northwich and Margate particularly come to mind)

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
I for one will not be going to Exeter for the away match, and I will pass the money that I save to the club if and when we do receive a bill.

is the the general attitude for our trip to Exeter.

A few of us are planning to make the trip ( especially as we missed the FA cup game ), could it be a bit lonely on the terraces ?

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Nobody likes what Exeter are doing, but aren't you punnishing the Fleet by not going to support them, and by the posts they play better away and need all the encouragement they can get!

offline Malcolm S

Malcolm S
  • Reserves
See you there Wobbly. But don't expect a warm welcome from their
stewards they are not very friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus