Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Almost there?????

Joe White

Looking at the league table you will note that our main rivals have averaged roughly two points per game,

53 points from 28 for example.

Assuming(and it is an assumption)that they keep this form going for the remainder of the season, they will take a further 36 points from their remaining 18 games.

As we are 18 points ahead at present, a quick calculation will see that we would require only another 19 points to clinch the title.

Wishful thinking maybe, but mathematically possible.

Any thoughts?

7 wins from 16 games .. could be enough but i reckon one of those teams may break away and go on a run, possibly grays who could feasibly beat us twice.. if that dosent happen and they all stay together, the fact that they all have to play each other again means those 7 wins could be enough .. ten should be plenty 16 would be very nice!

Or another way of looking at it...

Let's take it one game at a time. There are no easy ones and no bankers. When we are 20 points clear with only one game to go, that's when I put the Champagne on ice. Remember, it's also mathematically possible for us to finish bottom (3 more points needed to be certain of not going down!)

Quote:
Joe White said:
Merv, Pleased to say we cannot finish bottom. Braintree can only get to 71 points, one below us.

Thanks. I can now sleep easy in my bed.

But can we avoid the play-offs? I am such a worrier!

alyesbury, braintree and riccay (despite winning amazingly) can no longer catch us.. not bad for early feb..

we are 21 points clear at the top .. if thurrock win their two games in hand they can reduce that to 20 if hornchurch win their three games in hand they can knock it back down to 18.. with hornchurch doing well in the trophy their fixture sheet will be looking a bit tight