Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lee Protheroe

Quoted in the Reporter today says :-

"I have been told by Canvey that I am not wanted next season and hopefully that means I can sign for Gravesend, but a lot can happen between now and May"

"Andy Ford has told me that he would like to sign me for next season"

"I would like to sign for Gravesend because the fans have taken to me and the players have been great - and its only 40 minutes from my Enfield home"

"I prefer to play at right back in a 442 and Andy Ford knows that. I can play in midfield, but I feel a little lost at times and the game can easily pass you by".

"But I am willing to play in any position. If Andy Ford wants me to play in goal, I will, because I just want to play football".

Very much backs up what has already been suggested on this forum.

Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:
Quoted in the Reporter today says :-

"I have been told by Canvey that I am not wanted next season and hopefully that means I can sign for Gravesend, but a lot can happen between now and May"

"Andy Ford has told me that he would like to sign me for next season"

If Canvey are letting him go at the end of the season, is there no arrangement can be made to sign him now? As we've seen with the likes of Adam Miller, if other clubs are alerted to a good player, they often nab him from under our noses.

Also, now we've signed Gledhill and Protheroe's playing in the middle, is this YET another signing we might make that will be playing out of position?

Lee Protheroe is very much the quality of player that the 'Fleet' need. A possible future club captain perhaps?

I understand however that although Canvey have said that they will not require his services next season, they won't let him go now until they have secured promotion, just in case!

As has happened in the past, rather than let another club come-in and steal him from under our noses, could we not get him to sign a pre-transfer agreement similar to the Celtic player that has committed himself to signing for Manchester United once his contract expires. That way at least it would put-off the likes of Aldershot and Dagenham & Redbridge etc., from trying to 'poach' him.

Didnt say there was anything wrong with Enfield Town - just that the last place I'd want to be working is the same place as my missus !!

On a footballing issue, though, unless Lee simply decides he wants to play locally, I cant see how he would prefer your level of football to Conference football - every player generally wants to play at the highest level possible. (And even though we arent the most affluent club in the Conference, I would have thought you couldnt compete on the wages front either)