Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How much would you pay to play on hallowed turf

Just been reading an article about how Barnet are offering supporters a chance to play against their first team on the Underhill pitch, in a friendly match once the season has finished. For the privilege they are charging fans 50 quid a go. ( Dunno how many minutes that gives you ! )

Anyway it got me thinking , if we could raise 1 grand by auctioning old shirts, could we not easily double or triple that by auctioning places in a team to play against the boys.

(In order to get more places available , you can do 2 teams , getting a half each )

Its just an idea ...

I've walked on the new turf of hallowed ground and it didn't cost me a penny.

Mind you - It was at Stamford Bridge !

(ps. My Grand-Son thought it pretty 'cool' as well !!)

Getting back to the original suggestion:

I see three ways of doing it;

1) auctioning off each position 1st / 2nd half - so if you want to play in goal, defence, midfield, forward you'd have to make the highest bid for that position. This way seems good as I'm sure more people want to play up front than anywhere else!

2) Sealed bids - highest 22 win, with the highest choosing their positions - the lowest bids get the positions left.

3) Flat fee of £xx per player - I'm sure options 1) or 2) would make more cash though.....

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
Getting back to the original suggestion:

I see three ways of doing it;

1) auctioning off each position 1st / 2nd half - so if you want to play in goal, defence, midfield, forward you'd have to make the highest bid for that position. This way seems good as I'm sure more people want to play up front than anywhere else!

2) Sealed bids - highest 22 win, with the highest choosing their positions - the lowest bids get the positions left.

3) Flat fee of £xx per player - I'm sure options 1) or 2) would make more cash though.....

[color:"blue"] Stop Press, FF. "George Best says, 'can he phone his bid in from his local at Walton on the Hill, assuming someone dials the number for him ???'"