Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's game

Stu B

The officials where crap, I mean they missed so much, handballs Hereford players kicking out (one on ben abbey which i thought was right next to the lino) I cant understand these full timers who have quality and can win without cheating. As for the fans well the one that ran on the pitch and "Hereford" further up on here sums them up!

i thought that kick on abbey was very exaggerated by ben.He was looking around at anyone who was interested for a foul.and no-one was,so he just moaned a bit to himself and ran off.As a team though,hereford were guilty of a bit of nastiness.I can't think of how to put it any other way.You could see they were "professional" in their attitudes in all aspects of the game.

As for their fans,what a bunch of ccks.They don't deserve to have a team doing so well to support!

The ref, cheating and dodgy defending cost us today. The 1st pen, the player could have easily jumped over wilko but didnt (and dived) their second, that was the craziest freekick call ive ever seen. Apart from that their goals were dodgy defending, Abbey was brilliant. Those sheepshagging halfwits (hereford united) who were on the pitch were just arseholes, and the mugs that ran onto the pitch when hereford scored were just as bad. Wilko is our most valuable asset par Steve McKimm and how peolpe can criticize him is beyond me.

Why are several people persisting in criticising Hereford on this board?

Alright, there were one or two unsavoury moments in the game - notably the dive by their guy in the penalty area, and one or two dodgy challenges, but it was our own poor defending that cost us in the main and their attacking play was certainly very efficient.

If we resort to sleighting the opposition on this board, we are doing exactly what opposition fans do, when we beat their teams - and we always comment what a bad attitude that is.

Lets not sink to those levels (in particular, calling the opposition fans and players some pretty unsavioury names). Lets face it - they were slicker than us on the day and deserved the victory - perhaps 3 goals was slightly flattering, but they were clearly the better side in the second half at least.

Lets just move on and look for 3 points next week when there are 2 important games - ours at FGR and Tamworth at home to Farnborough - if we can take 3 points, and Farnborough lose at Tamworth (as hopefully will happen), we would have a 10 point cushion over the bottom 3 with 10 games to go. And if we couldnt hold on to that, we would deserve to be relegated, especially with the fixtures we have left to play - with 5 being against sides below us in the league.

Quote:
kmj said:
Does anyone know why the Fleet ran out to 'Eye of the Tiger' instead of 'Cheer, Cheer...'at the start of the match? Subtle and undemocratic move to drop our anthem or simple [****!!****]-up? I think we should be told!

A decision by Andy & the team I am led to believe.
I was also informed that we have a tune to play when we score but I can't recall hearing it on saturday!

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
Quote:
kmj said:
Does anyone know why the Fleet ran out to 'Eye of the Tiger' instead of 'Cheer, Cheer...'at the start of the match? Subtle and undemocratic move to drop our anthem or simple [****!!****]-up? I think we should be told!

A decision by Andy & the team I am led to believe.
I was also informed that we have a tune to play when we score but I can't recall hearing it on saturday!

Must of run out of tunes! wink.gif
Anyone know if it's tapes or CD's played over the speaker system? Because I'll gladly donate some compilation albums to avoid hearing the same few tracks played over & over! icon_band222.gif wall.gif

I can't agree with most of these posts that seem to suggest that we matched Hereford or were unlucky. I thought we got out-played in every department in goal, at the back, in midfield and up front.

There were some good points such as the amount of high balls won/knocked on by Roy and the fact that Ben has stated to hit the target. However the rest was poor for me with our second half performance looking like we were playing 5 months ago with no shape or idea on how to break down the opposition.

Having said that I agree that Andy Drury should have made it 3 - 3 and that could well have changed the result but we were second best this week.

It is no use keep blaming the officials for our short-comings. Look at our home record - it can't all be down to the (mostly) idiots in black.

Andy says we need another 15 points to stay up and we will need to take every opportunity to get them. Perhaps it is good that our last match is aginst the Vics! Lets hope we are safe before then but unless we can change things round at home there is still a hell of a lot to do.

Good to see our support staying steady despite such a poor home record - when was last time we conceeded 5 at home (or away)? It must be a long while and the first in the Conference for us? I can remember a few 4s but not 5. Anyone?

Wilko was on another planet for the first ten minutes of the game and was lucky to still be on the pitch in my opinion, especially given the awful referee.

Hereford did have a stone wall penalty when the bloke got booked for diving so awful refs works both ways.

Lee Shearer moved from the sublime to the ridiculous throughout the game.

If Drury had scored (agreed it was a tough chance), the outcome may have been different.

Their front two were the best I've seen against us since Aldershot but we didn't do ourselves any favours defensively.

They'll be back next season, they're weren't all that but then neither were we.

As for 'Eye of the Tiger' at least come out to something decent like the Super Furry Animals or bring back 'Cheer Cheer...'

I know we lost but it was one of the best games of the season. Well worth the money.

Am pleased for Ben as well, he upped his workrate.

Quote:
Stu M said:
They played Puressence at half-time on Saturday... which may not mean anything to 95% of fans at Stonebridge Road but was like a breath of fresh air when forced to listen to all the garbage that passes for music on the radio.

Puressence are awful.
At Barnet away, they played Joy Division and Ash at half time - was most impressed.
The Thrills shouild be shot as well!

Lets be honest here, they are a professional team challenging for a place in the third division we are a part time outfit fighting relegation. So what outcome should we expect...

Both teams play well = Hereford win

Both teams play cr*p = Hereford win or we get a draw

They play well we play cr*p = Hereford win

We play well they play cr*p = We win or draw

We don't need any excuse other than the obvious one that they are a better side than us, the league positions don't lie.

We've had some good results particularly away this season against the top sides but the truth is we need them to be off form for us to get them and that doesn't happen every time.

Hereford were better than us - simple as that really. They showed what being full-time is all about; superior fitness, plus great movement on and off the ball.

I'm sure no Fleet fan enjoys seeing their team heavily beaten but until full-time footie is on the horizon perhaps we just have to accept that 2-3 times a season we are going to take a thumping from the better pro teams such as Hereford, Chester and Shrewsbury etc.

With Morecambe and Barnet (both full-time teams) coming up it should provide an interesting gauge of how strong the Conference will be next season when more teams will be going full-time.

As 1 old pro points out! grin.gif (see below)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/3490675.stm

Pennock points to difference

Gravesend & Northfleet assistant boss Adrian Pennock felt his side paid the price for being part-timers in the 5-2 defeat against high-flying Hereford.

"Overall we gave them a good game," the ex-Gillingham star told BBC Radio Kent. "They were full-time. You could see they were full-time with their movement, organisation and fitness levels.

"We tried our best, but we are just really disappointed with the individual errors that really cost us the game."

At the risk of going back over old ground, can I just say that I cannot believe the attitude of some fans concerning our players. Despite Ben putting away two difficult chances the moaners near where I was standing were still having a go at him in the first half. I know we are having a debate about going full time and to do that we need every penny we can get, but I begin to wonder if the team needs 'fans' like that and whether it wouldn't be better for the morale of the team for those people to just stay away. Let's get behind the team all the time on the day and then use this forum to comment on performance of individuals/the team after the game.