Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's game

Stu B

The same 4/5 i nearly had a confrontation with the other week no doubt. I resorted to outsinging them... when they shouted 'Abbey thats rubbish' i made sure i shouted louder 'Unlucky Abbey keep it up'

up the fleet lets keep the moaners quiet... keep their money coming in but outsing them..... 400 behind one goal should outsing 5 idiots!

Quote:
Jeff said:
Quote:
Stu M said:
They played Puressence at half-time on Saturday... which may not mean anything to 95% of fans at Stonebridge Road but was like a breath of fresh air when forced to listen to all the garbage that passes for music on the radio.

Puressence are awful.
At Barnet away, they played Joy Division and Ash at half time - was most impressed.
The Thrills shouild be shot as well!

Bit harsh, the thrills are a good band. Personally i think we should keep playng the old songs. I am 17, but like listening to the old stuff at the footy. this is mainly cos we used to have to listen to capital gold in my friends dads car on the way to some games. Keep up the quality old tunes i say, otherwise it wouldnt be right!!!!

Quote:
Richard C said:
The same 4/5 i nearly had a confrontation with the other week no doubt. I resorted to outsinging them... when they shouted 'Abbey thats rubbish' i made sure i shouted louder 'Unlucky Abbey keep it up'

up the fleet lets keep the moaners quiet... keep their money coming in but outsing them..... 400 behind one goal should outsing 5 idiots!

After the Stevenage match when frankly I felt like thumping one our so called supporters I moved over to the stand side and what a pleasant change, no moaning no over the top criticism. Despite our defeat I thought at times some of our football was brillant, individual errors cost us big time. I'm certain that if play as well against the lesser sides there's no way we'll go down

Quote:
You'd best ask Mr Ford about the change in the running out tune.

Oi Fordy stick to team selection . leave the musical choices to others. Eye of the Tiger - I ask yer !!!!!!!!

Would like to see Cheer Cheer reinstated and good selection of indie tunes old and new the rest of the time.

C'mon lets liven up the grounds on match days.

Quote:
Wobbly Wayne said:Would like to see Cheer Cheer reinstated and good selection of indie tunes old and new the rest of the time

Couldn't agree more, Wobbly.

As for behindthegoal's question about the most goals conceded, Saturday's game was indeed the most since we returned to the Conference. As for our all-time Conference record... well, you'll have to check the archives on the website grin.gif

Quote:

Oi Fordy stick to team selection . leave the musical choices to others. Eye of the Tiger - I ask yer !!!!!!!!

Heh heh. Fordy must be a fan of 80s soft rock anthems. Next week, Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi, then Final Countdown by Europe, followed by some 'top-quality' REO Speedwagon, Don Henley and The Scorpions. With the players in comedy mullets. That would scare the bejesus out of the opposition.

Quote:
Shows how easily you can be mistaken about someone you only know on the internet...I had you down as more of a "Fat Les" type Wobbly.

I look more like Fat Les now , than the young slip of a lad from the halcyon days of the best indie beat combo to come out of Gravesend.

But still rockin and rolling, albeit in a late seventies, early eighties timewarp.

For all you indie fans out there, Libertines at Brixton on the same day as Aldershot away.

A great double header and there are a few Fleet boys having both.

go on you know it makes sense...

Quote:
I'm going to that gig at the brixton academy!!Don't think i can make it to Aldershot then to the gig in time though!

Youngsters of today.

Midday arrive at Aldershot drink to KO

Watch the Fleet pick up another 3 points

Be in licensed premises in Brixton by 6 for the Liverpool / Pompey V gooners QF on BBC.

Once finished quick stroll to Brixton Academy.

Sounds like an ideal day to me....