Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheats never prosper except in ESL

My mum always drummed into me that cheats never prosper. They don't seem to do too bad in ESL! I wonder what my mum would have made of some of the decisions of the ESL management committee. She would have been mystified along with the rest of us. <p>Let's hope those with less than clear consciences sleep less comfortably!

A club created a nasty situation between itself and our club in order to win 3 points at home that they recognised that they were not good enough to win. <p>The club used segregation and a pack of thugs (dressed as stewards) as a tool to wind-up and intimidate our supporters. Any sincere club with a genuine problem would have worked with the opposing club officials and league to resolve any problem before the match started. Cheating makes winning the league a hollow victory for that club. With all this intimidation our fans were saints by comparison to those trying to provoke us and yet we are the ones punished. <p>Secondly at that match with all that intimidation going on I watched a nasty headbutt assault by a senior and well known club official. If I came up and headbutt you I'd be quite rightly in serious trouble for GBH. The ESL held a management meeting and punished the club of the victim on the basis that you shouldn't have provoked the assault in the first place. Where is the justice in that! <p>Let's see if that club get away with the same behaviour in the Ryman league! I hope not for footballs sake!

• 4 weeks later...

With ETFC's away match to Leyton in the league a farce, it was only fair that the home match in the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy would be. Withdrawal was the only sensible option for Enfield Town from the league. We're a new club and unlike some clubs don't have loads of money. <p>If we beat Stansted then I can see the Essex Senior League Cup between Leyton and Enfield Town FC being a new farce! <p>Why is one person allowed to bully and hurt the enjoyment of football of so many people? If a man is allowed to become bigger than a league then the league ceases to be a league of equal competing clubs. <p>If you can't cope escalate the problem to the County FA but let's not [****!!****] up another tournament.

Agreed. According to this week's Gazette the League Management Committee have a meeting on March 27 at which they will consider fining ETFC for withdrawing from the GBMT!!!! <p>As we have several unsolicited letters from other clubs praising them behaviour and general all round good egginess of ETFC supporters, and one manager even wrote to Non League Paper on the subject, it is hard to see how a vote could go against us if our case is fully presented. <p>Anyone know if the League Cup Final is a two legged affair, of if a one off, where it is?

To be fair, though, Leyton's players are a brave lot. When their game was postponed a few weeks ago they came en masse to Goldsdown Road without a thought for their personal safety. They even spent much of the afternoon in conversation with the Town fans and without a policeman in sight.

• 4 years later...

maybe its a top of the league thing shocked you can get away with murder if you are top shocked

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
Lucky I checked the date...had to read the thread at least twice! Why did you dig that one out?

Same here.... segregation........ I thought it was one of ours for a moment talking about a yesteryear trip to Pig Island.

coup i was just bored for ten mins last night so went to back page for any old banter

Originally Posted By: crfcboss
Thats the one, I remember about 100 fans all trying to get to him !

Poor fella was trying to talk to them and they wernt having none of it !

Ah, remember that one. 94-5. We just got done 3-0 and so ended our title aspirations. Words were exchanged between fans and players, with both parties trying to get at each other. I, for once, just shook my head and went into the bar.
Things had been coming to a head after a defeat at Eton Manor a few weeks before and despite being blamed for all the ills, had nothing to do with said incident.