Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New additions?

Bloodnock

Quote:
Bloodnock said:
Noted Andys' comment in the NLP that he's hopeful of a new player coming in on Monday with another following later in the week, surely can't be any more loan signings can it? we already have Walshe,Protheroe and Essandoh, I can't remember what the limit is off hand,anyone enlighten me?

Look here

As the limit is two playing at any one time and we already have Protheroe and Essandoh, if we did bring in another loan signing, he obviously wouldn't be able to play at the same time as the ones we already have (note that Walshe doesn't count towards this quota as his is a season-long loan). As Stu points out, Protheroe is due back at Canvey soon - he's in his third and final month-long loan spell with us, and whether we can sign him permanently is anyone's guess.

I know that Canvey are strolling the Rymans this year but I still find it amazing that they can't find room for Protheroe in their side.

As long as he signs for next season as well as the rest of this season I would be happy to see us splash some of the FA cup cash on buying Provs....at least we've had him on approval for three months and we know what we would be getting for our money.

If Canvey and Weymouth come up then by May 2005 I would expect six relegation places to go to five or six out of...

Northwich

Leigh

Farnborough

Tamworth

FGR

Margate

Fleet

Since we could easily be fighting for one survival place it is vital that the limited funds we have available aren't wasted.

Still think we must have a (permanent) new striker and an attack minded midfielder good at crossing the ball, i'm all for the Keegan way of doing things at this moment for us, we need to score more goals rather than grab one then invite the pressure on our defence, which is prone to going to sleep too much.

Trying not to be too critical of our defence, but we still look a tad cumbersome in the centre, and a bit small in the full back positions.

As was highlighted yesterday, we can be undone by pace through the middle or by the high ball knocked across to the far post.

I do prefer centre halves to be pacy and comfortable on the ball, and for full backs to be capable of covering the centre of the defence.

Of all the defenders at the club, only Matt Lee fulfills these criteria.

In midfield, we still look naive, Perkins, Walshe, Drury and Owen are too prone to off days, and blow hot and cold. only Macca and Protheroe appear to have true Conference quality and cosistency.

Up front, we could do with some support for Ben and Rob. I'm not convinced Roy is the long term answer, nor are Louis or Pinns.

Too many all round weak areas at present, which is why the team will never achieve better than mid table mediocrity without an injection of new blood.