Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Size of League

With so many potential applications to join the Foresters Essex Senior League next season, I assume it could grow in size. <p>If this is the case, I hope that there will still be sufficient time to play the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy. As I understood it, the league committee wanted an extra competition to fill the gaps in the fixture list because the league had grown so small. Now it seems to have a sudden surge in popularity.<p>Many other leagues have 24 teams. So it should not be a problem accomodating all the new teams who want to join.

i think its good that more teams want to join. Im a little bit of an ilford fan(i haven't been to any matches) but they could do well next season if they carry on their recent form.<p>I don't know a lot about the lower league structure, but can you get promoted out of the ESL or do you have to be voted? ( is this a dum question?)

Romford (who will be playing at Ford Uniteds old ground), Waltham Abbey who's first team at present play in the reserve team Essex and Herts Border Combination and maybe Clapton who have not been able to play a home match all season as they did not have a Ryman League 'C' grade i am not sure of any others , but of all the feeders leagues only Leyton have applied for promotion to the Ryman League.

Thanks (again) Mattd. It will be fun playing Waltham Abbey, it will be our local derby I suppose. Looking at Romford's forum they seem like a good bunch. But we'll have two trips to the mudbath at the Spotted Dog!<p>I once ran the line in an Enfield v Waltham Abbey match in the Herts and Essex you know. I did a game at Ford United too (v. Stevenage). Oh well.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mattd:

<strong>it is not quite as simple as only losing Romford.

Hungerford will be relegated for not getting a 'B' grade and Cheshunt and Ashford Town do not have a 'B' grade at present and may also be relegated..</strong><hr></blockquote><p>If these teams are relegated, which I certainly do not hope as I always prefer promotion and relegation to be decided on the field of play, I suppose they would join the Spartan South Midlands League, although one of them is certainly on the border between the two leagues.