Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Our mystery signing

Andy's quoted in the Reporter as saying he has seven days' notice on someone... and I'm sure I heard Chas Webster mentioning something about this when he left the microphones on during half-time on Saturday!

Andy's also said he could bring in another player on loan now that Lee Protheroe's gone back to Canvey (sob!).

According to the Oxford message board, its a months loan to us, NOT a permanent deal. Will he, therefore, effectively become a replacement for Roy, as Andy has said he was making a decision this week on his future? If so, it will be harsh on Roy, given his match winning effortss v Exeter and FGR.

Its confirmed as a loan on the Oxford official clubsite headlines, although its impossible to get more details without being registered on the Premium TV site.

Quote:
Chatham Gary said:
Reported on RK tonite that we have signed Manny Omiyini - presumably from Margit. Seems a quality signing if true, will definately put pressure on Ben.

Very probably true. I think it's been in the pipeline for two weeks or more from what I've heard.

Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:
Its confirmed as a loan on the Oxford official clubsite headlines, although its impossible to get more details without being registered on the Premium TV site.

Those damned Premium TV websites - I notice most league clubs have them now, they're a pain in the ar$e. Do you have to register for each club, or just once for all?

Have now registered and it simply says the following :-

Manny Omoyimni has joined Gravesend & Northfleet on a months loan.

The striker returned from a loan spell at Margate last week and featured in his first league game of the season on Saturday, coming on as a sub against Bury.

However, with Andy Scott now back in the squad and Steve Basham expected to return next week, Manny has found himself down the pecking order again and wil look to stay sharp at the Conference side.

He will make his debut at home to Morecambe on SSaturday and should be partnered by former United striker, Ben Abbey.

[color:"blue"] Best of luck with Manny, he's a good 'un (we should have signed him) - you'll love his pace and skill.

btw his surname is pronounced almost the same as Annoying Me (ie Onnoying Me).

Also, as the previous postee will discover register on one PremiumTV site & you can access all of them (incl. Exeter/Barnet/Halifax) with the same username & password. [/color]