Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So whats the best fleet team of the season?

Chad

If you can name any players we've had at the club this season then what would be ur best 16 players?

Mine would be:

wilkerson

protheroe

moore

shearer

skinner

drury

owen

perkins

mckimm

essandoah

omiyinmi

subs: Pennock;Walshe;Haworth;Pinnock;Evans

Mine practicly the same but replace omiyinmi with abbey or Haworth. Can't see omiyinmi being in there after a game. Id also put Prothers in midfield, for owen or perkins, stick Gledhill at right back.

Any chance of us spending some of that hard earned cash and buying Essandoh and/or prother, as i must say they did impress me greatly.

Pretty much agree with Sqwark although I would fit Miller in the squad.

Could get both Essendoh & Provs on a free at the end of the season. Unless they are made offers we can't compete with. I know Provs is very keen to join us and really enjoyed his time at the Fleet. Unless Canvey make him an offer he can't refuse, I believe he will sign for us. He wants to play and not sit on the bench or play in the reserves week in week out. I see he wasn't even on the bench for them on Sat.

Lee Turner

Miller Trott Gibbs

Daly Bone Goodwin Hogg

Meah

Kumbur Huggins

To be honest, i thought Trott was gonna be an excellent signing- him and Moore would have been class together.

Can't and wont comment on any of your team except to say that even the bare fact or thought of having manny in your team should prompt you to include him in your best team as he is by far the best player with class that you now have on your books. He is invaluable and will do you proud.Get him playing as he is wasted on the bench.As a margate fan shouldn't be saying this as it will help your cause but he IS an exceptional player and will do himself justice.Nice guy too.

Quote:
CC said:
Lee Turner

Miller Trott Gibbs

Daly Bone Goodwin Hogg

Meah

Kumbur Huggins

Heh heh - the Ghost Team. I'd find it hard to argue with CC's XI, it's a world-class outfit.

And I'd forgotten all about the signing of the season, Scott Goodwin!

Given that we play over 50 games in a season, which everyone agrees is too many for any player to play in all games, a big squad is vital. If every player can play at 110% for say 30 games in a year, it means that in 2/5 he will either be on the bench or simply not in the 16. ALL our players must merit a place in our best team. To progress further, we must forget the attitude that we have a best starting 11, and assume that any team replacements are for players suspended, injured or simply out of form, and are as good as the player they are replacing.

Gone should be the days at 5 to 3 when the call goes out from the terraces "Why is he playing, he's not as good as *****."