Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

player update - danny lye

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I was interested to see that there is still some mention of danny on the GNFC forum.
Dan has known Andy since he was about 11, he went to his soccer school a couple of times. He played for Bearstead in the youth league and Kent league at 16. After a couple of seasons he made the big step up to play for GNFC in the Ryman winning team and was voted young player of the year.Unfortunately he was injured in the next pre season and finally had surgery and returned to training in the November.The problem he faced was getting enough games to regain his match fitness and decided that rather than go on loan he would leave to play for Dartford.At this point it was realised there was still a problem with his knee. He was eventually diagnosed with a blood infection which was making his immune system over react and cause his knee to constantly swell.After some severe medication he had a second knee surgery to ensure all was well.He had all the checks for arthritis etc. and was found to be totally clear.
By this stage he was ready to train and started pre season with Purfleet until a disagreement with their management, ironically during a match against GNFC reserves, caused him to decide their way was not his.
Danny then trained with Dover ( big mates with Spillsy) until he was asked to play for Sittingbourne where he still is. He is now match fit and up for it as he always was. It is useful to note that when he scored that goal at Nuneaton he had the infection even then.
He is now waiting for the phone to ring with new oppurtunities.

Glad to set the record straight

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Was there a need to set the record straight then?

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
Probably not but I liked Danny. The smile on his face when he slapped a goal in against Margate in the KSC final was an absolute picture! Good luck to the lad.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
if you some previous correspondence we thought there was.

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Hmmm. Don't remember any myself - Danny was always a very popular player and we knew he had knee problems, eventually leading to him dropping down a division or two.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
A real shame though, because he had done really well, making that step up from Kent League to Ryman Premier and looked as though he could have made it at a higher level, if Lady Luck had allowed.

A vital goal at Billericay (well, one of the Essex sides, anyway) after coming on as sub sticks out in my mind as we were struggling to get the all important 1st goal that day

offline Bate'o

Bate'o
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
might it have been Braintree?

I remember it, the whole place was covered in caravans, so that narrows it down to any team in Essex!

His goal at Nuneaton was great!!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Think you're right - I knew it was an Essex side beginning with B !!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
It was Braintree, he started and got man of the match!

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
Danny Lye has just signed for Ashford from Sittingbourne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus