Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essandoh

Quote:
Ronnie said:
I think that Rob's future with us will depend on Battersby. If Andy likes what he sees then Rob may well move on. Agree that it would be a shame to lose him.

I suspect you've hit the nail on the head there Ronnie. I must admit I feel sorry for Rob - him losing his place in the squad was through no fault of his own. The only reason why he missed a couple of away games was because his wife had just had a baby, and unfortunately for Rob, it was these two games in which Roy really excelled and pushed Rob further down the pecking order.

As for Roy signing, that is great news. I must say I'm a little surprised that we have signed him for a fee now, when he was likely to be available for nothing in the summer. But perhaps Andy was worried that other clubs would come in for him and steal him from under our noses. Given Andy's record for picking up quality players over the years (e.g. taking a risk on Benno, who had had many injury problems in the past; picking up Moore from Hornchurch reserves), I won't question his judgement. bow.gif

I've not been able to go to many games since we got Essandoh on loan.

Do people think he is the 20/25 goal a season striker that we have been missing for a good few seasons now?

From the clips on Sportal (Exeter and Morecambe) he looks like he can create a goal from nothing (especially the way he turned the Exeter defence inside out for his goal!).