Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Recommend A Beer or other Drink...

This one's got to me at the mo'.

Belgian Cherry Ale...otherwise known as...

Liefmans Kriek (6.0% ABV)

The spiel says:

"Probably one of the better known Krieks; it is a dark cherry kriek based on an old style brown ale. Stronger than most of its counterparts. Once a year the brewery adds cherries to some of its brown ale and allows further fermentation. The finished product is deliciously smooth dark and distinctive with a sweet/sour flavour. A lovely brewery making truly great beers."

Now available at Sainsbury's for £2-29 per bottle...and has been at Grays FC for ages at £2-20 per bottle.

The bottles are wrapped up in red paper - you can't miss it!

Try it instead of wine with your dinner.

It's QUALITY!

The Pitfield Street Brewery:

I went to City & Islington College a few years back and remember the place. They used to discharge their waste water into a manhole in the street. Smelt lovely, mind you!

How about the George And Vulture up the road, Ron?

One of two best pints of Guinness you'd ever get in London - well, at least when Roz was manageress.

The other "best pint" being the Arbitrage at the back of the Stock Exchange.

Do you know the George & Vulture...and is Roz still there, Ron [or anyone else]?

Quote:
Ron Merlin said:
Any German Weissbier (wheat beer). Cloudy and slightly sour. Dark "dunkel" weissbiers are also excellent, but not for a session. Tried these, Colin?

I certainly have. At the moment I am working in Bavaria, and weissbier is very popular there. Nevertheless, I simply miss my pint of bitter!

'Fraid I don't know the George & Vulture, Monsieur Clumsy. It's not really my manor - I only go there to visit friends and buy Pitfield beers!

Fave bitter: probably well-maintained Courage Directors (bit Alan Partridge, mind) or Abbott.

Drooling now...

You can get fruit beers in the UK, one example is Fuller's "Jack Frost" which is brewed with blackberries. (www.fullers.co.uk) Also Badger's Champion is an unusual beer which has an elderflower addition and they also brew Golden Glory which has peaches in it. (www.badgerbrewery.com) Badger also brew a beer called Fursty Ferret, but assure drinkers it does not contain any parts or fluids from a ferret!!

I have played a few beer festivals in my time and still cannot get to grips with that cold tea coloured washing up liquid with "bits" in..It's not for want of trying!!..give me a pint of Keith Deller any day!!

Failing that...a nice red, Romanescu (about 3 euro's in the Algarve!!)..Rioja or a nice chiante..with some father beans!!

I think the Officials should start a new thread

"P1SS ARTISTS-R-US !"