Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Awesome....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
17 replies to this topic

offline Alan ( GNFC )

Alan ( GNFC )
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
....that 15 minutes with Abbey , Essendoh , Onimoyni and Sidibe up front with Pinnock in the midfield , from 0-1 to 2-1 , some of the best football I've seen us play .Shame modern football doesn't dictate four up front , so we sacrificed Abbey .
With fast forwards on board we have a very good side now .

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
come on the fleet,i love you!

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
Brilliant game. The very best! Dead shame we couldnt hang on for 2-1, but id have taken a point from the hand that was offering before the game.

ps great to see the kid get told off by the copper!! haha

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
PPS - only one more booking and we really have turned the corner discipline wise, excellent.

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
Quote:
Richard C said:
Brilliant game. The very best! Dead shame we couldnt hang on for 2-1, but id have taken a point from the hand that was offering before the game.

ps great to see the kid get told off by the copper!! haha

Well their kid that got told off and his gang ran to the station to annoy us innocent gravesend folk (at least i think it was the same ones). According to another bloke who got on the train those "fans" do it every time

offline Nick Boy

Nick Boy
  • Reserves
Quality Result we are just getting better!! The only thing we need now is our own Russian Billionaire

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
The Aldershot manager did manage to say in the midst of an interview on BBC SCR that we had "played well" but he did also fall into the trap of mentioning the fact that we were all 6ft 6 players and were physical. Mind you, he did accept it was difficult to play against us.

Unlike his predecessor in the job, he also accepted the sending off was completely justified and even mentioned that 2 more of his players were lucky as they had raised their hands (very refreshing to hear a manager actually mention that sort of thing without being prompted by an interviewer).

offline jc

jc
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Quote:
Richard C said: Dead shame we couldnt hang on for 2-1, but id have taken a point from the hand that was offering before the game.

Agreed, Richard C - and if we manage to take two draws from the Barnet and Shrewsbury games, I'd say we would have emerged from this tough run of matches successfully.

I have to admit that I couldn't see us equalizing at the start of the second half - it was like trying to get past a brick wall, and the red card undoubtedly helped us. However, a fine comeback, murdering Aldershot at times with the pace of Manny and Moussa on the wings, underlined just how much we have improved our second half showings over the course of the season. No complaints about the penalty though - a clear foul unfortunately.

Although they had a goal disallowed for handball/offside (unsure which it was) and Sills was thwarted in a one-on-one situation by Wilko in the second half, their keeper had to make that fine save from Skinner's excellent first half free kick, and Essandoh also tested him on a couple of occasions, so I'd say a draw was a pretty fair result.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
Dont forget Pinnock's effort as well.

offline The Doctor

The Doctor
Wahay and i thought i was going mad thinking that we were not hoofers and physical yesterday. But just read post on the aldershot board and i feel better now. think that we need a rendition of "1-0, 0r 2-0, or 3-1 etc...to the route 1ers" at more games. lol

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
They where using route one footy a lot so they cant really have too many complaints.
Also two more points: Essandoh is just amazing, player of the month award!!! And Skinner for Freekicks. His first was amazing. keeper had to make a top class save or it was in the top corner!

offline matrix

matrix
Excellent performance by the whole team, shouldn't we be giving both Onimoyni and Sidibe a start. There pace was electric throughout and made the Aldershot defenders look like thay had divers boots on!!

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
My side for Barnet if all fit
Wilkerson
Gledhill
Skinner
Moore
Shearer
Sidibe
Mckimm
Perkins
Drury
Onimoyni
Essendoh

Subs
Owen
Duku
Mitten
Pinnock/Abbey
Lee

offline The Doctor

The Doctor
For me Pinnock And Essandoh up front, Pinno's recent performances have been good, his general forwards play has really improved and he would have scored on saturday but for a top class save from their keeper. Little harsh on Rob Owen too, but Sidibe pace does look like it could have so much use down the wings.

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
Totally agree Fleet Man..... Pinnock has to start and Owen to if he fits in.......

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
Richard C said:
Totally agree Fleet Man..... Pinnock has to start and Owen to if he fits in.......

I still, for all his recent performances, don't see Pinnock as a regular striker - I'd much rather see him tucking in behind the front two... and with Essendoh and Omoyinmi up front, I'd be hard-pressed to name Pinnock ahead of them as a striker.

offline Alan ( GNFC )

Alan ( GNFC )
As we are reasonably safe , as explained by a post elsewhere , how about an entertaining attacking 4-3-3 formation with Sidibe and Omoyinmi either side of Essandoh , like the old Brown Woon Woolfe combination - goals galore to tempt the fair weather fans to visit .

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
sounds like a plan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus