Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Awesome....

....that 15 minutes with Abbey , Essendoh , Onimoyni and Sidibe up front with Pinnock in the midfield , from 0-1 to 2-1 , some of the best football I've seen us play .Shame modern football doesn't dictate four up front , so we sacrificed Abbey .

With fast forwards on board we have a very good side now .

Quote:
Richard C said:
Brilliant game. The very best! Dead shame we couldnt hang on for 2-1, but id have taken a point from the hand that was offering before the game.

ps great to see the kid get told off by the copper!! haha

Well their kid that got told off and his gang ran to the station to annoy us innocent gravesend folk (at least i think it was the same ones). According to another bloke who got on the train those "fans" do it every time mad.gif

The Aldershot manager did manage to say in the midst of an interview on BBC SCR that we had "played well" but he did also fall into the trap of mentioning the fact that we were all 6ft 6 players and were physical. Mind you, he did accept it was difficult to play against us.

Unlike his predecessor in the job, he also accepted the sending off was completely justified and even mentioned that 2 more of his players were lucky as they had raised their hands (very refreshing to hear a manager actually mention that sort of thing without being prompted by an interviewer).

Quote:
Richard C said: Dead shame we couldnt hang on for 2-1, but id have taken a point from the hand that was offering before the game.

Agreed, Richard C - and if we manage to take two draws from the Barnet and Shrewsbury games, I'd say we would have emerged from this tough run of matches successfully.

I have to admit that I couldn't see us equalizing at the start of the second half - it was like trying to get past a brick wall, and the red card undoubtedly helped us. However, a fine comeback, murdering Aldershot at times with the pace of Manny and Moussa on the wings, underlined just how much we have improved our second half showings over the course of the season. No complaints about the penalty though - a clear foul unfortunately.

Although they had a goal disallowed for handball/offside (unsure which it was) and Sills was thwarted in a one-on-one situation by Wilko in the second half, their keeper had to make that fine save from Skinner's excellent first half free kick, and Essandoh also tested him on a couple of occasions, so I'd say a draw was a pretty fair result.

They where using route one footy a lot so they cant really have too many complaints.

Also two more points: Essandoh is just amazing, player of the month award!!! And Skinner for Freekicks. His first was amazing. keeper had to make a top class save or it was in the top corner!

For me Pinnock And Essandoh up front, Pinno's recent performances have been good, his general forwards play has really improved and he would have scored on saturday but for a top class save from their keeper. Little harsh on Rob Owen too, but Sidibe pace does look like it could have so much use down the wings.

Quote:
Richard C said:
Totally agree Fleet Man..... Pinnock has to start and Owen to if he fits in.......

I still, for all his recent performances, don't see Pinnock as a regular striker - I'd much rather see him tucking in behind the front two... and with Essendoh and Omoyinmi up front, I'd be hard-pressed to name Pinnock ahead of them as a striker.