Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

I WAS WRONG...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline behindthegoal

behindthegoal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
...as earlier this season I was one of those calling for Andy Ford to go.

I said then that we would be relegated if he stayed but I would be the first to admit it if I was wrong. I was.

After seeing our performance on Saturday I think we can all claim that we are now a side who deserves to prosper in the Conference and on our day need fear no one.

I still think that it was negligent of Andy to start the season with the squad we had and basically without a front line, but to be fair he has managed to change things round to such an extent that we are now totally unrecognisable as the side that lost 0-4 at home to Chester.

I hope that we can keep this squad together as much as possible this year as I think it will give us a great base to build for the future.

Well done to the Board, Manager and the lads for the progress we have made this year and lets hope we we can finish the season in style with an 11th or 12th position.

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Like you, I was also worried by October. I'm glad that I didn't call for Andy's head at that time but thought that things had to change by Xmas.
Change they have - big style.
Ade Pennock's influence cannot be overlooked, together with some really quality players either on loan or signing.
Surely this is one of the most potent attacking Fleet teams in the last 30 years, as goals are being shared around and can come from almost anyone on the park.
Given the morale at the club at present, I don't see many players NOT wanting to sign new contracts for next year.

offline behindthegoal

behindthegoal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Yes it is good to see so many players who can score and I have to say that Chris Moore is one of the best centre backs ever to play for the club in my opinion and I remember back to Kenny Burrett and beyond!

I hope you are right about everyone wanting to stay. Perhaps we could even pick up Manny or is that hoping too much?!

offline Stu M

Stu M
Quote:
behindthegoal said:
Perhaps we could even pick up Manny or is that hoping too much?!

Steady. Going from having zero strikers to being infested by 'em might be too much for us all!

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
I reckon Manny still thinks he can offer Div 1 or 2 something. He certainly has the class. We should be grateful for his time here.
Would be a real coup if we could sign him and Protheroe close season. Top 10 finish next year???

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
He cant even get in the Oxford side, though, and they are Div 3 !! Their view generally seemed to be sharp, but with no end product.

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
I am the same as you behind the goal. I am also willing to admit that I was wrong.
Altogether now:
Andy Ford, hes done it again
Andy Ford hes done it again

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
Whilst I was concerned at the start of the season, I kept the faith with Andy and I think he's more than repaid that faith. On the subject of contracts etc. apparently the only players that went last season that the club really wanted to keep were Bently and Jacko. All the rest were dispensible, so to speak. Yes, it caused problems early on trying to get the team to gel but when I look at our squad now and the amount of players signing new or long-term contacts, I feel we are going to have a superb team next season. My only regret is it seems unlikely it will include Louie Evans who I still rate highly, and I don't care who knows it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus