Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I WAS WRONG...

...as earlier this season I was one of those calling for Andy Ford to go.

I said then that we would be relegated if he stayed but I would be the first to admit it if I was wrong. I was.

After seeing our performance on Saturday I think we can all claim that we are now a side who deserves to prosper in the Conference and on our day need fear no one.

I still think that it was negligent of Andy to start the season with the squad we had and basically without a front line, but to be fair he has managed to change things round to such an extent that we are now totally unrecognisable as the side that lost 0-4 at home to Chester.

I hope that we can keep this squad together as much as possible this year as I think it will give us a great base to build for the future.

Well done to the Board, Manager and the lads for the progress we have made this year and lets hope we we can finish the season in style with an 11th or 12th position.

Like you, I was also worried by October. I'm glad that I didn't call for Andy's head at that time but thought that things had to change by Xmas.

Change they have - big style.

Ade Pennock's influence cannot be overlooked, together with some really quality players either on loan or signing.

Surely this is one of the most potent attacking Fleet teams in the last 30 years, as goals are being shared around and can come from almost anyone on the park.

Given the morale at the club at present, I don't see many players NOT wanting to sign new contracts for next year.

Yes it is good to see so many players who can score and I have to say that Chris Moore is one of the best centre backs ever to play for the club in my opinion and I remember back to Kenny Burrett and beyond!

I hope you are right about everyone wanting to stay. Perhaps we could even pick up Manny or is that hoping too much?!

Whilst I was concerned at the start of the season, I kept the faith with Andy and I think he's more than repaid that faith. On the subject of contracts etc. apparently the only players that went last season that the club really wanted to keep were Bently and Jacko. All the rest were dispensible, so to speak. Yes, it caused problems early on trying to get the team to gel but when I look at our squad now and the amount of players signing new or long-term contacts, I feel we are going to have a superb team next season. My only regret is it seems unlikely it will include Louie Evans who I still rate highly, and I don't care who knows it.