Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Liam Hatch

Quote:
Roy gnfc said:
.....according to Barnet's message board he's worth FIVE TIMES what they paid for him.

That implies they haven't paid us - because he's worthless. He wouldn't get in our team nowadays. If it was more sunny then he'd miss the game having got sunburnt whilst out with his girlfriend the day before.

I suspect, rightly or wrongly, after the somewhat harsh comments directed at Che and Adam Miller this season when making their first appearances against us since departing, that he might get a bit of a barracking - especially given that he supposedly got a bit of an earful at our game at Underhill earlier in the season.

As I've said before, we should be grateful that we got what we did for him, given his relative lack of Conference experience. After all, Kirk Jackson cost Yeovil only £20,000 last season in comparison, and he played a key role in firing them into the third division.

Agreed, though, if it does indeed seem to knock the players in question out of their stride, you can see why fans persist in doing it.

Quote:
jc said:
I suspect, rightly or wrongly, after the somewhat harsh comments directed at Che and Adam Miller

***Adam Miller's only redeeming feature is that he once wore the red of the Fleet. But even that's not THAT redeeming... wink.gif

The word is that Liam has been lording it around the Gravesend pubs and has upset a lot of people, who will be only too happy to turn up on Saturday and tell him so.

I know it did it on the pitch now and again, but his off the field activities showed that he was not really much of a club man.

Quote:
David Holden said:
I know it did it on the pitch now and again, but his off the field activities showed that he was not really much of a club man.

Has he disappeared up to the Scottish lochs lately or whatever it was he tended to do when his mind went absent...?

Ok..I always thought he was a gentlemen...because he presented me with a medal last year at a youth presentation...spoke to him and everything, well nice bloke! I also have football boots that he tried on, another reason why I'm a rising Fleet star!

Quote:

Wasn't he one of the few ( if not only ) current players to attend the launch of the Fleet Trust in the summer ?

The lad done well for us in the short time that he was here, he became a cult figure and scored some crucial goals. He earnt the club a few quid , when at the time we didn't have Gladwish or the luxury of the cup run money.

All in all his effect on the Fleet was positive, and I will look back at his time in a fleet shirt with some good memories.

But that still won't stop me giving him some stick on Saturday, if I think that it will upset his game...

C'mon the Fleet

He has moved on. We have got much better as well and Liam probably wouldn't now be in our starting 11.

I for one will give Beasty a cheer on Saturday when he comes on (for old times sake) then give him some banter during the match

Would we barrack Jimmy Bullard if we played Wigan in the Cup?. I think not; the Beast should be no different.

Good luck to any player who can better themselves, a soccer career is only short, and can be ended at any time by one injury. Therefore I don't have a problem with any player wanting to play at the highest level as soon as he can in his career.

Quote:
David Holden said:
The word is that Liam has been lording it around the Gravesend pubs and has upset a lot of people, who will be only too happy to turn up on Saturday and tell him so.

So if fans do berate him then can we blame this comment for possible instigation? No-one likes to see a former player booed so this kind of comment isn't going to help defuse the situation.

Quote:
Chatham Gary said:
Would we barrack Jimmy Bullard if we played Wigan in the Cup?. I think not; the Beast should be no different.

Except it is different - he (albeit partly) instigated his move away from the club. He missed games for really stupid reasons. To be honest he was a liability & in the end, £23,000 was really good business.

The main thing is that the side doesn't miss him.

It appears that Liam was unwittingly involved in the fracas that occured at Underhill last night.

It all started when (difficult to believe I know) Liam went down injured. Whilst he was getting treatment the nice Mr Maamria stamped on him, and then chinned the physio for which he got his marching orders.

From here on it's conjecture but apparently there was more trouble in the tunnel, and Mr M managed to get himself arrested for assault.