Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jimmy Jackson

You are of course correct Nick, Matt does play for Spartans & a good little player he is although he is finding this league quite physical & some what tougher than the Gravesend League, but he tries to give as good as he gets even against the big ones thus being our only player to date with a booking.

I believe you went to Beauwaters Nick, is that right & if it is you will be pleased to learn that Dane has just left us to join Erith Town your rivals in the Kent League.

Glad to hear that you are with Spartans Fleet boy. My sons team are U14 yet all of them are 14, but at least he was 13 for the first few games of the season.

Shame about the Shrewsbury match being called off. I hope that they can keep the momentum going for a convincing win against Tamworth on Saturday.

Mike F

chat.gif

You are correct I joined Beauwaters, and I did hear that Dane had joined Erith, thanks for confiming it, was he finding life hard as a centre half? When I spoke to Glenn, he was talking to me about how he was being used as a centre back, and how he was enjoying it there.

You might also be interested that we have just reached the final of the cup, and we are due to meet Erith Town, which is going to be interesting meeting Dane for the first time since last year! The venue is at our home ground, which is handy for us!

Nick

I can't say if he was enjoying himself but he was good & solid in that position. His departure did leave a hole in our defence which hasn't been completely filled yet hence Michael is kept quite busy having to come out to collect through balls or try & steal (usually successfully) the ball from strikers feet, both of whom are getting through our defence a little to often.

Good luck in the cup final & league. Nothing against Dane but you are the local team.

Mike F

chat.gif

hOOKY HERE,

I saw jacko and another fleet fan in gravesend on sat night and he would love to come back to us!!

i kept him up to date with all the goings on and he said that hed been to many of our games this season and as you all know his mum and dad still go. saw dagenham on sky ( the nine nil loss) and Jacko was class by far the best player!! jacko if you wana play for a real team you knwo where we are!!

Yeah thats me, core I'm such a star now! I left for Gravesend and Northfleet at the end of under 12's, and at the end of Under 13's left for Beauwaters, or you may know them as Rainhurst!

Yes, I do remember Daniel Bond, he signed on, aswell as two other kids who were in my class, didn't stay for very long after.

Did I knock you out of the cup? What did i do? lol

Well i remember the score being 2-2 and the game approacing extra-time and you scored a last minute winner, persumably by you, also do you know Matt Humphrey who lives in Istead Rise and attends Gravesend Grammar i think i played with you played footy with you and him up the field at istead with a couple of my mates along time ago though.

Not only did Matt come to Spartans but Paolo Mazzone came over to us with him at the same time.

Nick you shouldn't have mentioned that Beauwaters used to be called Raynehurst as they left the Gravesend Boys League under a cloud 2/3 seasons back. Its a shame as they (Raynehurst) were a very good side but a number of people tend to remember them for that last season.

Mike F

chat.gif

I also remember Paolo, he was a centre half for Longfield, if i remember, always improving, heard he likes to be off to bluewater a lot though in his time instead of training.

I don't know a lot about their history, perhaps you could send me a private message Mike? If this should be kept quiet.

Nick