Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

Jimmy Jackson

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
52 replies to this topic

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
I for one would welcome him back, no question.

To be honest, whether he stays at Dagenham next season depends on whether he would be willing to give up his farming I suspect. Not all players want to become full-time, after all - that's the reason why we were able to sign Mooro, who didn't want to become a full-time player at Borgchurch.

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
Who would not play so he could? Or would he be a back-up player?

offline jc

jc
Admittedly, that's a tough one - Skinner would definitely be preferred at left-back, but I still feel that Jacko would be pushing Drury for the left-midfield slot.

Also, talking of Mooro and full-time football...

Look here

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
Heard that interview from Chris Moore on RK this morning - not surprised really - it is a big step for all concerned - after all football is short term and many players have careers (as opposed to just jobs) outside football;, that they would be reluctant to sacrifice.

As Mooro says - if it could ever be workable (and I suspect it couldnt) - having part time status with extra training sessions would potentially be the best route, as it allows you to keep players such as Chris, who may otherwise be lost to the club, if it goes full time.

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
Losing Moore is just not an option!

Would have to be workable.............

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
part full time works with Dagenham so we should be able to work something out.

offline Nick Boy

Nick Boy
  • Reserves
But if the club has plans, they a re surely going to go ahead with them. We need to go full time, if we are to progress

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
Quote:
jc said:
Admittedly, that's a tough one - Skinner would definitely be preferred at left-back, but I still feel that Jacko would be pushing Drury for the left-midfield slot.

Drury can play with equal effect on both sides of the pitch, and if we can keep Ben Walshe then don't feel we need him in midfield, but we definitely need competition for the left back slot, where we only have Skinner who is a natural in that position.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
Part full time works with Dagenham ?? Question that as they've had a poor season by their standards.

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
This season we have been unable to sign some players because of our part time status, it would be a shame if we lost any players purely because the club has ambitions of becoming full time professionals.

If we do go full time then we may be able to attract some new players who would not consider signing a contract with a part time club. I can't see any reason why players who do not wish to play full time cannot play alongside them. The team should be picked on merit, if you are good enough you play if not you don't.

offline Nick Boy

Nick Boy
  • Reserves
But what if we find ourselves in trouble, things don't go as planned, we can't attract those palyers due to other reasons, where do we go from there?

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
But what if we find ourselves in trouble, things don't go as planned, we can't attract those palyers due to other reasons, where do we go from there

I think this coming season we will find out which way it will go. ie whether we can attract them ( ie sufficient good full time players on a limited budget)

Buckle yourself in , it may be a bumpy ride. But I think it will be exciting.

Up the Fleet

offline jc

jc
Quote:
Slartibartfast said:
This season we have been unable to sign some players because of our part time status, it would be a shame if we lost any players purely because the club has ambitions of becoming full time professionals.

If we do go full time then we may be able to attract some new players who would not consider signing a contract with a part time club. I can't see any reason why players who do not wish to play full time cannot play alongside them. The team should be picked on merit, if you are good enough you play if not you don't.

Some superbly astute comments here that still ring true two years down the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus